This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This simple Halloween Cupcake Treat Board features homemade cupcakes, buttercream frosting and everything you need to decorate the perfect festive cupcake!
I love creating charcuterie boards filled with delicious food and this Halloween Cupcake Treat Board is no exception. There’s just no meat and cheese on this board. Right here we have a Halloween Dessert Board.
We just love Halloween around here. Any excuse to decorate the house, dress up and make festive food and we’re going all in.
My kids also love cupcakes and decorating them with fun sprinkles so this Halloween Cupcake Treat Board was a no brainer and it was a HUGE hit!
It would be so perfect for a Halloween birthday party, dessert for Halloween night or while watching Hocus Pocus!
These cupcakes are a standard, easy vanilla cupcake base with vanilla buttercream frosting.
The ingredients are pantry staples so you can whip these up quickly!
Shot out to Dixie Crystals for providing the sugar for these cute cupcakes!
You can have fun with these cupcakes creating monsters, Frankenstein, pumpkins, graveyards, spiderwebs and even a small pumpkin patch!
What ingredients do I need to make this Halloween board?
- granulated sugar
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- heavy cream or milk
- I purchased the Black Icing Tube for the orange and purple.
- I used regular food coloring for the green and these neon food coloring for the orange and purple.
sprinkles, eyeballs, bat cupcake decorating kit, gummy ghost candy. Anything Halloween candy related will work!
common questions and helpful tips in cooking making
- how to store vanilla cupcakes
- Wrap tightly with saran wrap and store in an air tight container. To keep cupcakes even fresher, store in the refrigerator, and take out 15 minutes prior to eating.
- how long do cupcakes last?
- Vanilla cupcakes will last for 2-3 days at room temperature.
- Vanilla cupcakes can last up to 1 week stored in the refrigerator.
- Store both in an air tight container.
- I recommend frosting cupcakes just before serving.
- how to freeze cupcakes?
- The best way to freeze cupcakes are to tightly wrap each cupcakes in plastic wrap and place into a freezer zip top bag or air tight container. You want to make sure you can get out as much air as possible.
- Vanilla Cupcakes will last for 2-3 months when stored in the freezer.
- To thaw, leave at room temperature.
- I do not recommend freezing cupcakes with frosting. Freeze cupcakes unfrosted.
Looking for more Halloween recipes? Here are a few ideas:
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Melted Witch Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Splatter Donuts from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches’ Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Spider Cake from Baking Up Memories
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Melted Witch Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.