These Eyeball Cake Balls were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Eyeball Cake Balls are devilish of moist cake, dipped in white chocolate and studded with a gummy eyeball. They’re perfect for your next Halloween party!
If you love scary treats, check out these Graveyard Skillet Brownies
I remember a few years ago when cake balls were all the rage. I felt like I was making them all the time with every combination of cake and frosting I could think of. Sometimes on a stick, sometimes not.
Does anyone even make them anymore?
I know Starbucks does because every time we go there my kids get one and they’re delicious. I mean it doesn’t get better than cake rolled with frosting and then dipped in chocolate.
I just knew when I received these eyeballs in the mail, from Treat Street, I knew exactly what I was going to do with them.
And here they are, Eyeball Cake Balls.
They are the perfect dessert to bring to your next Halloween shindig.
Cake Balls are super easy to make and the fun part is you can choose any cake flavor and frosting you’d like.
I chose red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Something about the bright red sounded super Halloweenish to me.
These Eyeball Cake Balls are devilish bites perfect for your Halloween party!
Eyeball Cake Balls
Yield 36 servings
Eyeball Cake Balls are devilish of moist cake, dipped in white chocolate and studded with a gummy eyeball. They're perfect for your next Halloween party!
- 1 (15.25oz) box cake mix, I used red velvet (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 (16oz) can frosting, I used cream cheese
- 24 ounces white candy bark
- Treat Street Gummy Eyeballs
- Bake cake according to package directions. Allow to cool and crumb completely into a large bowl. Add in 1 1/3 cups frosting and mix together.
- Roll batter into balls and place onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Pop into the freezer for at least 1 hour until completely frozen.
- Melt white chocolate. In batches, dip cake balls into white chocolate and top with gummy eyeballs, slightly pressing to adhere.
Serving Size 36 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22 g
Sugars 19 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cooks Tip: I find that inserting a toothpick or skewer into a cake ball, dipping it into the white chocolate and tapping it onto the edge of the pan, evenly coats the cake balls. Then I place onto a parchment lined sheet tray and using another toothpick, remove the first toothpick. If it leaves a hole, I dip the toothpick into the white chocolate and ill in the hole.
The great thing about these Eyeball Cake Balls is they do not have to be perfect. Cake balls can be hard to master, but they’re suppose to be spooky for Halloween so the more pizzaz and uniqueness to them, the better!
I’ve got my eyes on you this Halloween season! 👀
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair from Big Bear’s Wife
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Pook’s Pantry
- Malted Milk Ball Spider Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Purple Velvet Halloween Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Eyeball Jello Shots from I am a Honey Bee
- Monster Fudge from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from A Blender Mom
- Vampire Ice Cream Floats from Daily Dish Recipes
- Graveyard Pie from Eat Move Make
- Easy Skeleton Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Swiss Meringue Spooky Skull from Kudos Kitchen
- Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse from The Spiffy Cookie
- Melting Witch Candy Popcorn Halloween Party Mix from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Dragon’s Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Graveyard Dip from Mildly Meandering
- Eyeball Cake Balls from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- White Chocolate Ghost Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Blossom Sprinkle Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Rice Krispie Haunted House from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Snack Mix from Katie’s Cucina
- Monster Rice Krispies from For the Love of Food
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.1