This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies are super simple to make, deliciously soft and even more fun to eat and enjoy! It’s Halloween Treats week and I am so excited to be participating again! I’ve got 2 great recipes for you coming for you this week and first up are these Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies. They’re super simple to make and even more fun to eat! These cookies are your traditional peanut butter cookie recipe, topped with chocolate ganache and drizzled with vanilla glaze to create the mummy. Then add eyeballs and you have a cute mummy dessert! The peanut butter cookie recipe is from my husband’s grandmother.
What ingredients do I need to make these soft, mummy cookies?
Peanut butter cookie
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
easy step by step instructions
Peanut butter cookie directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and cream for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and then pour in the vanilla.
- Into a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Drop by 1 1/2 tablespoons and slightly flatten with your hands. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
chocolate ganache directions
- Into a heat proof bowl, add chocolate and heavy cream and microwave in 30 second increments for 1 minute total. Stir until completely incorporated an melted.
- Spread chocolate over the topped of the cooled peanut butter cookies and allow to set.
Vanilla glaze directions
- Into a medium bowl, add powdered sugar, cream and vanilla extra. Whisk until combined and consistency can be drizzled.
- Drizzle glaze in a diagonal sweeping motion, horizontally to create the mummy dressing.
- Add eyeballs.
My daughter said these don’t look like mummies, but who really cares because they taste amazing! You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate and plus they’re super cute! I know a lot of cookie dough requires chilling time, but these don’t. I followed the recipe as is, except I swapped shortening for butter. Otherwise, it’s the exact same recipe my husband’s grandmother wrote out in her recipe book decades ago. These cookies came out evenly browned, soft and spread evenly!
common questions and helpful tips in cookie making
- Do I have to use room temperature ingredients?
- Yes! You know how shocking it is to dip your foot into a cold pool? That’s how cookie dough feels when you add cold eggs! It’s a shock to it’s system. And room temperature butter creams and blends better. If you are running short on time, place the butter into the microwave for 30 seconds. As for quickly warming, but not cooking eggs, cover the eggs with warm, not hot water, and allow them to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Can I swap almond butter or cashew butter for the peanut butter?
- Yes, you can, however, they will not have the same texture and flavor. As I have not tested these myself, I cannot speak to either of those factors personally.
- How long and how should I store the cookies?
- Place cookies into an air tight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the unfrosted cookies into a zip top bag for up to 3 months. Thaw and add chocolate and glaze.
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Disney Villain Charcuterie Board from Big Bear’s Wife
- Grave Yard Snack Mix from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Jelly Filled Ghost Donuts from Jen Around the World
- Cake Top Forward Halloween Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Witch Finger Pretzels from Fresh April Flours
- Caramel Apples from Devour Dinner
- Easy Frankenstein Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Haunted Fault Line Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Blood & Guts Cinnamon Rolls from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Bloody Vampire Cherry Floats from Cookaholic Wife
- Candy Corn Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods from House of Nash Eats
- Friday the 13th Pancakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spider Donuts from The Flour Handprint
- Haunted House Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Peanut Butter Ghost Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Spice Cake Donuts from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Butterfinger Bark from Pastry Chef Online
- Spiderweb Cheesecake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mummy Cookies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Oozing Red Velvet Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Black Velvet Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Monster Burgers from An Affair from the Heart
- Spider Web Soup (Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup) from I am a Honey Bee
- Candy Corn Fudge from Back To My Southern Roots
- Dark Chocolate Black Cat Cookies from Savory Moments
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies from Our Good Life
- Binx Marshmallow Fudge Brownies from For the Love of Food
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.