This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias
Looking for a spooky Halloween dessert? Try these Graveyard Skillet Brownies!
Graveyard Chorizo Dip is full of chorizo, beans, RO*TEL® and cheese. Topped with crushed chips to look like dirt and served with homemade Halloween tortilla chips, it’s perfect for all those spooky parties!
I’m still on a roll with the Halloween recipes but this time, I’m bringing you a savory dip that is perfect for all your Halloween parties!
This Graveyard Chorizo Dip is full of chorizo, beans and RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
Then it’s topped with cheese and finely crushed blue corn tortilla chips to give you the look of dirt.
And a graveyard dip wouldn’t be complete without skulls, zombies and bat tortilla chips, oh my! 💀🧟🦇
Now go forth and dig into the graveyard of cheesy, bean goodness!
We get together with our neighbors every year for Halloween. We have a huge spread of food and there is never any shortage of dips. Who doesn’t love a dip?
This year I wanted to bring something that’s not only tasty but fits the theme too.
We live in the Midwest, so it’s always cold on Halloween, so a warm, comforting dip is always a good idea.
We come back from trick or treating craving something hot to warm us to our cores and satisfy our bellies.
I recently made Graveyard Skillet Brownies and used crushed chocolate cookies for the top which got me thinking I could crush up blue corn tortilla chips and make a savory Graveyard dip.
Off to Walmart I went to see what I might drum up for a dip idea.
A delicious dip always starts with RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. It has the right kick and flavor to bring any dish to life.
Then I remembered I always make this chorizo chili for Halloween but instead of doing chili this year, I’ll just make the dip with chorizo.
So the makings of this Graveyard Chorizo dip began. Click on the items below to quickly add them to your shopping cart.
With a quick trip to Walmart this graveyard chorizo dip comes together in no time at all. Cook the chorizo, stir in the cans of RO*TEL®, Wolf Chili and refried beans, top with cheese and bake until melted. That’s it.
The Halloween tortilla chips are just as simple. Look for some Halloween cookie cutters, using flour tortillas cut out the shapes, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with chili powder and bake for 5 minutes.
This Graveyard Chorizo Dip is fast, easy and deliciously spooky for your next Halloween get together!
Graveyard Chorizo Dip
Yield 16 servings
Graveyard Chorizo Dip is full of chorizo, beans, RO*TEL® and cheese. Topped with crushed chips to look like dirt and served with homemade Halloween tortilla chips, it's perfect for all those spooky parties!
- 1 package (10oz) Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1 can (16oz) Great Value Refried Beans, I used Fat Free
- 2 cans (10oz) RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 can (15oz) Wolf Brand Chili With Beans
- 1 package (16oz) Great Value Finely Shredded Fiesta Blend Cheese
- 1 bag (8.1oz) Garden of Eatin' Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, finely crushed
Homemade Halloween Tortilla Chips
- 4 flour tortilla
- Halloween Cookie Cutter
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10" cast iron skillet, cook chorizo for 5-7 minutes or until browned and crispy. Drain.
- Pour in refried beans and stir to combine.
- Stir in RO*TEL and chili. Cook for 3 minutes. Top with cheese and place into oven and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Topped with crush tortilla chips and serve with homemade Halloween Tortilla Chips.
Homemade Halloween Tortilla Chips
- Using Halloween cookie cutters, cut out shapes in the flour tortilla. Place onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt right out of the oven.
*This dip will serve between 12-16 servings
Serving Size 16 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 622 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 13 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cooks Tip: I used these Edible Color Markers and wrote the gravestones as a fun and creative way to let people know what they were eating.
I absolutely love these zombie cookie cutters. They were perfect for this dip to really bring the graveyard to life!
Be sure to check out this RO*TEL® page to find more recipe inspiration for your Halloween bash.
If you like beans, tomatoes and cheese, this graveyard chorizo dip is for you. It’s not only perfect for Halloween, but tailgating/homegating too!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!