These Monster Piñata Cupcakes were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Monster Piñata Cupcakes are bright, fun and filled with a surprise; delicious sprinkles! The vanilla cupcake is moist, topped with vanilla buttercream and a fun monster eyeball making these the perfect Halloween dessert!
If you love scary treats, check out these Graveyard Skillet Brownies
Here I am with the last recipe of #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I wanted to save the best for last because I just happen to love these little guys.
Every year I purchase the little Wilton candy eyeballs because my kids love them and we love making this Halloween Candy Bark
Well instead of making bark with them, I wanted to make some cupcakes. Pinata cupcakes to be exact and I thought monsters would be the perfect Halloween cupcake.
The first 2 batches of these monster pinata cupcakes were far from perfect.
The first batch I totally left out the baking powder and the salt, which resulted in flat, super dense cupcakes.
The second batch I thought I’d try my hand at using caking flour, remembering to add the baking powder and fill the cupcake wells slightly fuller than the last batch.
The taste was great, but the batter slipped over the top resulting in 1 very large cupcake.
Back to basics it was for the last and final batch. Third times a charm, right? These came out perfect. Thanks goodness.
So onto decorating. I used Wilton cupcake liners, candy eyeballs, gel food coloring and Wilton decorating tips.
I choose to use the colors pink, blue, orange and purple as these somewhat matched the amazing sprinkles I received from Sweets & Treats
All you need to do is remove a piece of the cupcake using a corer or a spoon, fill the hole with sprinkles, place the top piece back on a frost away.
I think these monster pinata cupcakes came out super cute, they were super fun to decorate and my kids loved the surprise in the middle.
The best part. You can make them any way you’d please. I realized after I took the pictures, they could pass off as spider since I used spider cupcake holders but no matter what they look like, they’re cute and fun for Halloween.
These Monster Pinata Cupcakes are super fun, easy and perfect for Halloween treats for your little monsters!
Monster Piñata Cupcakes
Yield 12 servings
Monster Piñata Cupcakes bright, fun and filled with a surprise; delicious sprinkles! The vanilla cupcake is moist, topped with vanilla buttercream and a fun monster eyeball.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, I use Adams Extracts
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, I use Adams extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
Wilton Neon Gel Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place muffin liners into a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter for 1 minute. Add sugar and beat another minute. Add in egg, followed by eggs yolks, one at a time, and then vanilla extract.
- Alternating add in flour and whipping cream to bowl until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar and combine.
- Add in vanilla extract and whip for 2 minutes.
- Place frosting into separate bowls to color.
- Pink frosting; 12 drops
- Blue frosting; 10 drops
- Orange frosting; 4 drops
- Purple frosting; 4 drops
- I used different Wilton tips to achieve different styles of frosting on top of the monsters. Feel free to decorate to your heart's content.
- Add eyeballs to create little monsters.
Cooks Tip: I’ve said it before and I’m going to say it again, please don’t settle for cheap vanilla extract. It truly makes all the difference in your baking. I recently discovered Adams ClearVan and I’m in love. I highly recommend it! And if you are making white cupcakes or frostings, use a clear vanilla so it doesn’t tint your batter or frosting!
As you can see I used the entire bottle on the 3 batches of cupcakes. Time to reorder!
These monster pinata cupcakes are so fun and would be perfect for any holiday. I can see doing these for Christmas with fun holiday sprinkles, birthday parties and other celebrations.
Be sure to check out Sweets & Treats for a ton of party supplies and the BEST sprinkles!
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Frosted Halloween Monster Mash Brownies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Pound Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Halloween Scene Cake from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Cute Halloween Ghost Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Gooey Monster Peanut Butter Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Mummy Dogs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Frankenstein Crispy Rice Cereal Treats from The Redhead Baker
- Little Monsters Halloween Mocktails from 4 Sons R Us
- Graveyard Pudding from The Beard and The Baker
- Cake Mix Candy Corn Naked Cake from Southern from Scratch
- Bloody Good Mini Cheesecakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Monster Pinata Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.1