These Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies have been sponsored by Adams Extract. All opinions are my own.
These Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies are an easy, chewy traditional cookie recipe sandwiched together with a caramel cream cheese frosting for an upgrade on a classic!
If you love the flavor of Snickerdoodle, you’ve got the try the BEST Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Bread!
Snickerdoodle cookies are a family favorite recipe around here.
However, I wanted to give them a little twist by sandwiching them together with a delicious spread. And that’s where the caramel cream cheese frosting comes in.
My daughter LOVES caramel and caramel and cinnamon are a great pairing.
The snickerdoodle cookie itself is super soft and slightly chewy. The caramel cream cheese frosting is sweet and slightly tangy. They’re the perfect pairing together.
My daughter declared these THE best sandwich cookie!
These Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies would be perfect Christmas cookies on your holiday cookie tray or set out for Santa.
If you do not want to fill these cookies, that’s ok. The base snickerdoodle cookie dough recipe is fabulous on it’s own!
WHAT ARE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES MADE OF?
Snickerdoodle cookies are a basic cookie dough recipe that is soft and chewy, due to the use of cream of tartar. The cookie dough balls are rolled in cinnamon sugar and then baked until just golden brown.
INGREDIENTS FOR SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and cream for 2 minutes. Next, add in sugars and beat 2-3 more minutes until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Into a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Into a small bowl, add ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into your hand, roll into balls and place into cinnamon sugar mixture, rolling around until the entire ball is covered in the mixture.
- Place onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet,
- and bake for 8-10 minutes. Io baked mine exactly 9 minutes to perfection.
INGREDIENTS FOR CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
STEPS TO MAKE CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or a large bowl with a mixer, add cream cheese and butter for 2-3 minutes until soft and fluffy.
- Add in caramel and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk.
- Whip until well combined and slightly stiff.
CAN YOU FREEZE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE DOUGH?
Yes, snickerdoodle cookies freezes well! You can freeze cookie dough in a variety of ways;
- You can roll the dough into a log, wrap in saran wrap and place into a freezer bag. Remember to label the bag with a date and the title.
- You can roll the dough into balls, place onto a cookie sheet and into the freezer until frozen solid. Then transfer the frozen cookie dough balls into a freezer zip top bag.
- You can place the cookie dough onto a piece of saran wrap, wrap tightly, place into a zip top bag and place into the freezer.
- Frozen cookie dough will last in the freezer 3 months.
- Allow cookie dough to thaw in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Baked Snickerdoodle cookies can also be frozen. Place cookies into a freezer zip top bag, and freeze. Baked cookies will last 3-4 weeks in the freezer.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
- If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can substitute the cream of tartar AND baking soda for baking powder.
- You do not have to fill these cookies. They’re awesome on their own.
VARIATIONS ON SNICKERDOODLE SANDWICH COOKIES
I filled these sandwich cookies with a caramel cream cheese frosting but you could also fill these sandwich cookies with;
Thank you to Ellen of Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookies Week! And a huge thank you to our sponsors Adams Extract and Millican Pecan for supporting the bloggers and events like Christmas Cookies Week.
Check out today’s cookie recipes:
Brown Sugar Christmas Cookies by Intelligent Domestications
Browned Butter Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti by Sweet Beginnings
Chunky White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread by Red Cottage Chronicles
Cinnamon Pecan Snowball Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
Cream Cheese Red Velvet Thumbprint Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Dark Chocolate Orange Crinkles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Eggnog Crackle Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
French Toast Snickerdoodles by Love and Confections
Gluten Free Hungarian Rugelach by Frugal & Fit
Grinch Shortbread Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies by Food Above Gold
Iced Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies by Family Around the Table
Iced Molasses Cookies by Palatable Pastime
Kipplens AKA: Pecan Snow Balls by Hardly A Goddess
Lemon Sponge Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Little Oatmeal Cookies by Creative Southern Home
Pecan Sandies by Everyday Eileen
Peppermint Madeleines by Books n’ Cooks
Raspberry Shortbread Cookies by Blogghetti
Salted Chocolate Pecan Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
Speculoos (Belgian Spice Cookies) by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Prize 1 – Millican Pecan Tower of Treats Gift Tins
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2 – Adams Extract Prize Pack
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams’ wife yearned for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out. He announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted. To test this product, his wife whipped up a cake for the family to try. “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used,” she announced. “Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded.
Two (2) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, and Adams Extracts and Flavorings for providing prizes.