This Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies is a super simple, meal prep dinner, that’s healthy, delicious and easy cleanup!
Sheet Pan dinners are my love language. Easy cleanup, quick preparation and a simple recipe is just what the family needs on a busy weeknight.
This Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies has quickly become a family favorite and with some many different variations, you’ll never get tired of this one pan, healthy recipe.
Now go forth and Eat the Rainbow!
Thankfully, we are veggie lovers. Whether we use them in a grilled pasta salad, on a flatbread on throw onto a sheet pan, we definitely get in our daily servings.
It doesn’t hurt that we usually serve them with these al fresco chicken sausages.
They’re packed full of flavor (and protein!), with Italian spices and red and green peppers, healthy and delicious!
I also used them in this Italian Chicken Gnocchi Soup which is fantastic!
- 1 package (11 oz) al fresco Sweet Italian chicken Sausage, sliced into 1/2 rounds
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- sweet potato
- cherry tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- smoked sweet paprika
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Into a large bowl, add onion, bell peppers, sweet potato, zucchini, tomatoes, spices, salt and olive oil and mix to coat.
- Onto a sheet pan, place sliced sausages. Add vegetables and spread evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from oven and toss so every side can get crispy bits. Place back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place into serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Slice the sausages lengthwise and throw them into a bun and make a hoagie sandwich with some melted mozzarella cheese. yum!
- Switch up the vegetables. Russet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, green beans and/or
- Al fresco offers a wide variety of chicken sausage so feel free to switch up the flavor. Try roasted pepper and asiago, roasted garlic, sweet apple or spinach and feta.
- Do I have to peel the sweets potatoes?
- You do not have to peel the sweet potatoes. However, if you leave the skin on, scrub and wash the potato thoroughly before chopping.
- Cut the vegetables into the same size chunks. This way everything cooks at the same time and you don’t have raw potatoes.
- I like to toss and rotate the pan halfway through cooking to make sure that every side of the sausages and vegetables get nice and crispy.
🍲 more sheet pan dinners (and dessert!) recipes to enjoy
Sheet Pan Mini Meatloaves with Potatoes and Green Beans
This sheet pan dinner is perfect for meal prepping.
You can easily make this one day and package it up for lunches for the rest of the week.
Tasty and healthy!
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Leave a Reply