This Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Burrito Bowls is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. All opinions are 100% mine.
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Burrito Bowls are a make once, eat twice meal that’ll help you meal prep for the week ahead!
New Year, New Beginnings.
I do love a clean slate and after last year, I think we can all agree this year couldn’t come soon enough.
So, let’s jump right in to a new mindset and full speed into the new year with healthy family recipes that’ll save you time and money.
I love a good challenge and there’s nothing like starring into your refrigerator looking at leftover ingredients (or meals) wondering how you can turn them into something new so your family won’t turn up their noses.
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Burrito Bowls is the answer.
You’ll make the chicken once and eat twice, with 2 different recipes. This will help you stretch your budget and elevate your ingredients to create delicious meals your family will love!
It’ll also help you reduce waste and save money, doesn’t that sound great?!
If one of your resolutions this year was meal planning on a budget then Jewel-Osco has got your back.
They have a wide range exclusive brands of products perfect for easy meals at home at great affordable prices, in every single aisle.
They also have “time saving products” like the cauliflower crumbles which saves me from having to grate a head of cauliflower.
I shopped at Jewel Osco but you can also Shop these affordable high-quality products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
O Organics® offers high-quality, 100% USDA-certified organic products that are always non-GMO.
- parsley leaves
- O Organics® fresh basil
- O Organics® fresh chives
- fresh tarragon (this is the only thing I wasn’t able to purchase at Jewel Osco, however, you can omit)
- lemon juice + zest
- red pepper flakes, if desired
- 3/4 cup O Organics® Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, if needed
- O Organics® Organic Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Air Chilled (I purchased 3lbs for both meals)
Burrito Bowl ingredients
- cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- cauliflower crumbles
- cilantro (purchase 2)
- cherry tomatoes
- romaine lettuce
- black beans
- Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Step by step instructions
Into a food processor, add all the ingredients for the salsa verde and process until leaves are finely minced. With machine running, slowly add 1/2 cup olive oil until sauce is a creamy yellow-green color. Check seasoning; adjust with salt and pepper.
For the Instant Pot
Place chicken breasts into the instant pot. Pour in salsa verde and cook for 20-25 minutes*
When cooked through shred.
For the Slow Cooker
Into your slow cooker, add chicken and salsa verde. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours. When cooked through, shred.
Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice
Into a large skillet, add olive oil. Add in cauliflower and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and zest, cilantro and salt.
Set out all your toppings so your family can choose which ingredients they’d like for their own bowls.
I like everything so I add romaine, chicken, black beans, shredded cheese, cauliflower cilantro lime rice, corn, tomatoes and avocado.
I also like to set out the extra salsa verde, sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos
Onto a large sheet pan, add tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese and place into the broiler, on low, for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with warmed salsa verde chicken and add preferred toppings.
- If you’d prefer, you can use chicken thighs for this recipe, a pork loin or pork shoulder
- Make the burrito bowl yours. If you like things spicy, add some jalapenos, you can add sliced green peppers, black olives, onions or warm queso cheese. Have it your way.
- Can I freeze the chicken after it’s cooked?
- Absolutely. Placed cooked chicken into a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months and don’t forget write the date you placed it into the freezer or the date 3 months from the current day.
- Can I use rice instead of cauliflower?
- Of course! Feel free to use white, brown rice, quinoa or any type of grain you’d prefer. Just fully cook rice and add in the rest!
meal planning tips
- Check your panty for ingredients you already have on hand. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve grabbed an
- Be precise- I made multiple trips to the grocery store a week and if I just slowed down a bit while shopping, I wouldn’t forget things on my list!
- Ask your family what they’re craving. I love getting my family’s input on what to cook for the upcoming week.
For these two recipes, to feed a family of four, I spent $40*, which equals out to $5/person. That is cheaper (and healthier) than takeout and much more fun too!
*Full transparency, I did already have the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, capers and a lemon.
🍲 more instant pot recipes to love
Instant Pot Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Cook once, eat twice is how I’m approaching weekly meal recipes this year. Will you join me?
I sure hope you’ll add these Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Burrito Bowls to your weekly meal plan soon!
Running low on time? Use Jewel Osco Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop and pick up all your meal planning ingredients.
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Leave a Reply