This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz/Georgia-Pacific®.
Cream cheese is combined with cheddar and parmesan cheeses, horseradish and seasonings, then rolled into bacon for the ultimate cheese ball recipe!
I am the self-proclaimed cheese ball queen and I’m here with another delicious recipe just in time for your BIG game day.
I bring to you: Horseradish Cheesy Footballs.
Everyone loves a cheese ball, am I right?
They’re packed full of cheese, zippy horseradish and topped with bacon—what’s not to love?!
This will be a TOUCHDOWN with your hungry game day fans!
What makes this cheese ball special?
- Fresh-tasting, super creamy Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, with no artificial preservatives, dyes or flavors
- America’s Favorite Bacon: Oscar Mayer® Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 2 types of delicious Kraft® cheese: sharp cheddar and parmesan
- Miracle whip®, which brings everything together
- Horseradish for a zip of flavor
All of these winning ingredients plus easy serving ware including paper plates from Dixie® and napkins from Vanity Fair® can be picked up in one location: Walmart. They’re your one-stop shop for all things game day!
Whenever we’re having people over or hanging out and bringing our food down to the basement, and I want to avoid all.the.dishes, I always purchase Dixie Ultra® Plates. They’re built strong for heavy, messy meals with a Soak Proof Shield™ and hold up to 2bs of food – perfect for all your Big Game snacks.
I also snagged some Vanity Fair® Extra Absorbent Napkins for cleaning up messy hands after we’re finished eating. These napkins are part paper towel, so you know they will get the job done.
Ingredients for shopping list
- OSCAR MAYER Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pimento strips
- Round buttery crackers, celery sticks, baby carrots or pretzels, for serving
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, about 13 to 15 minutes, until brown and crispy. Place onto paper towels to drain and finely crumble when cool enough to handle.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add in MIRACLE WHIP, horseradish, garlic powder and onion powder and beat 1-2 minutes, until blended. Fold in cheddar and parmesan cheese and beat for 1 minute until combined.
- Using a small spoon, form mixture into 2-tablespoon-sized balls and place onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Form each ball into a football shape. Press crumbled bacon onto the top and sides of each football and arrange pimento strips on top to resemble laces.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- You could add ranch seasoning and make a Horseradish Ranch Cheese Ball
- Add some diced jalapeño for a spicy flavor.
Common questions and tips
- Can I make this ahead?
- Absolutely! Save yourself some time and make these cheesy footballs up to 2 days in advance. Wrap in plastic wrap, top with foil and keep refrigerated until ready to serve for best freshness.
- Do I have to make individual cheese balls?
- No. You can absolutely form this into a large football, decorate and serve. But aren’t these just the cutest?
- Can I halve this recipe?
- Absolutely! If you are having a smaller gathering (we get it!) simply halve the recipe. It’ll be just as wonderful!
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.
We serve these Horseradish Cheesy Footballs with celery sticks, baby carrots, pretzels and round buttery crackers.
🧀 More cheese ball recipes to love
What will you be making for your BIG game day?
I hope you’ll include these Horseradish Cheesy Footballs with your game day spread!
Don’t forget to head on out to Walmart or click here for all your game day needs. You can also shop easily online and quickly with Walmart Grocery Pickup.