Feed a crowd with these Sheet Pan S’mores! A tasty graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache and a fabulous marshmallow meringue topping make these Sheet Pan S’mores irresistibly delicious!
It’s truly not summer until you’ve had your first s’more.
Sitting around a fire, and roasting a few marshmallows to slip inside a graham cracker is one of my favorite summertime activities.
We love to experiment with the chocolate in the s’mores. If you ever want to take your s’mores making to another level, I highly recommend; Reese’s Peanut butter Cups, Ghiradelli Chocolate squares and Hershey’s Gold.
But for these Sheet Pan S’mores, I made a delicious chocolate ganache to grace the top of the graham cracker crust.
I made these sheet pan s’mores last year and for some reason, they just didn’t turn out. The flavor was amazing but something just wasn’t working for me.
I adapted this recipe from one I found in Cooking Light and followed it to a “T.” It said to place the chocolate chips on top of the graham cracker crust, melt and then spread.
Well the spreading wasn’t happening. As soon as I would push the chocolate to the sides of the pan, the graham cracker crust would come up with it and soon I had holes in the bottom of my crust.
Still I went along with it and patch it up as best I could. Like I said, they were amazing but it needed a little working.
So this time, I swapped out the butter in the recipe for Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil. Then I pressed down really well on the graham cracker crumbs.
Most importantly, instead of just putting chocolate chips on top of the crust to melt, I made a chocolate ganache and spread that all over the top. then I let it chill for a few hours until set.
Finally, the meringue part. Arguably this might be the best part. It’s creamy, fluffy and smooth. Everything you’d want in a sheet pan s’mores.
These sheet pan s’mores are worth all the effort!
Sheet Pan S'mores
Yield 28 servings
Feed a crowd with these Sheet Pan S'mores! A tasty graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache and a fabulous marshmallow meringue topping make these Sheet Pan S'mores irresistibly delicious!
- cooking spray
- 1 (14.4-oz.) box graham crackers, lightly crushed (I used Cinnamon graham cracker
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Barlean's Butter flavored coconut oil
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 large egg whites, at room temperature, divided
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping craem
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 15 x 10" jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Process crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form and place into a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons sugar, butter flavored coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 egg white, and whole egg. Stir until combined.
- Press crumb mixture into prepared jelly roll pan and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl.
- Place heavy whipping cream into a liquid measuring glass and microwave for 2 minutes. Pour heavy whipping cream over chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Add butter and stir until smooth. Pour over cool crust and allow to set, 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place remaining 4 egg whites in a large bowl. Add vanilla, cream of tartar, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Combine remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 250°. Gradually pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at medium-low speed, then at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over cooled chocolate-graham crust. Place pan on middle rack of oven; broil 1 1/2 minutes or until meringue topping is toasted and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 24 squares.
Recipe adapted from Sheet Pan S'mores
Serving Size 28 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Total Carbohydrates 28 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These sheet pan s’mores are sweet, sticky, ooey and gooey. Everything you’d want in a s’more without the campfire!
Cooks Tip: I recommend serving immediately or storing at room temperature. The chocolate layer will become soft the longer it sits out.
If you’re a fan of sheet pan meals check out these dinner options
And don’t forget to pop over to this Grilled Strawberry Shortcake post so you can win the Ultimate Cookout Giveaway!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!