This Homemade Baked Granola in a Jar is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Homemade Baked Granola in a Jar is easy and fun for gift giving. It’s delicious, crunchy and packed full of good for you ingredients your family and friends will love.
The first words out of my husband’s mouth after eating this granola was, “this is the BEST granola I’ve ever had” handful, after handful.
It’s amazing and my kids agreed! This one’s a keeper!
It’s also the perfect gift in a jar to give to all your friends, family and neighbors this year. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Homemade gifts are so thoughtful this year in a time where everything is uncertain, the gift of handmade love is so needed.
Another great way to add a cozy touch when gifting this granola is add a bouquet of flowers.
This gorgeous floral arrangement and festive candle will add holiday spirit and joy to anyone’s décor this year.
The candle is winter spiced and will add glow, warmth and a cozy vibe to anyone’s home.
They’re by floral designer and chief eventeur, debi lilly design™ available at Jewel-Osco. Debi Lilly is Oprah’s favorite party pro so she knows what’s going on when we all need a little uplifting.
The floral bouquet is called Winter Frost. All the bouquets are affordable starting at $12.99.
It’s already prearranged and designed so all you need to do is spread kindness.
They’re Farm Fresh, trendy for the season and a gorgeous centerpiece.
I was able to attend a live event with Debi herself and she shared some floral tips I’d like to share with you.
- Flowers should sit at the top of the vase, with less stems showing. So measure the flowers up to the vase and cut off enough that the flowers poke right out from the top of the vase.
- Don’t cut your flowers stems straight. Cut at an angle to increase the surface area so the flowers can drink more water.
- If there are any leaves that will be submerged into the vase, remove them. It leave more room for bacteria to grow in the water and it’ll help keep the flowers fresher for longer.
Ingredients: what you need
I shopped at Jewel-Osco, but you can also find these exclusive products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
This baked granola is only 7 healthy ingredients that you can grab while shopping @JewelOsco.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl, whisk.
- Add nuts, olive oil and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Spread onto parchment on baking sheet, pressing flat into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring the oats at 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add cranberry, and cool. (Press into clusters if you want snacking size)
- Cool before packing into containers.
- Place into small glass debi lilly design™ canning jars, wrap lid with parchment paper square and twine, is desired.
Isn’t it just the cutest gift you ever did see?
I purchased the gift tags on Etsy, and add personalization, but you could easily purchase some at a craft store or make your own at home.
Common Questions and Helpful Tips
- Can this be made ahead of time?
- Yes! you can make this up to 2 weeks in advance.
- How should I store homemade granola?
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
- You can substitute the maple syrup for honey
- Feel free to use any dried fruit you’d like. I used dried cranberries but you could also use dried cherries, dried apricots or even raisins.
- Nuts? Go nuts! Use whatever types of nuts you’d like. This granola has pecans and walnuts but almonds, cashews and brazil nuts would also be great in here.
We love to eat this homemade baked granola in a jar by the handful, in our yogurt, smoothie bowls, on top of salads and on top of ice cream!
Homemade gifts are thoughtful and don’t have to take a lot of effort.
My kids loved helping make this granola (while sneaking bites) and it makes the gift that more meaningful.
Running low on time? Use Jewel Osco Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop and pick up O Organics® and Open Nature products as well as debi lilly design™ this winter holiday season.