This Bacon Cheese Ball Wreath will quickly become your new holiday show stopping appetizer!
It’s the holiday season, which happens to be my favorite!
From cookie sharing, Christmas movies, and hosting the “BIG” day, what’s not to love?!
And the food? I just love holiday themed food, like this Bacon Cheese Ball Wreath.
Not only is it a show-stopper, but it’s incredibly delicious too!
This holiday cheese wreath is only 9 ingredients, that you might already have on hand and if not, you can shop quickly and conveniently at Walmart.
- OSCAR MAYER Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- fresh parsley
- red bell pepper, diced into small pieces
- buttery crackers
You could totally roll this into a ball, but where’s the fun and holiday spirit in that?!
It’s super simple to shape into a wreath by placing into a Bundt pan, and I’ll show you how.
Step by step instructions
- Cook bacon according to package directions*, and let cool completely. When cooled, cut bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Beat well.
- Add shredded cheese and bacon and beat until combined.
- Place plastic wrap into an 8” Bundt pan and scoop cheese mixture into the pan; press evenly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap and discard.
- Chop parsley and press it into the cheese wreath, coating the entire outside.
- Top with small pieces of red peppers, and serve with crackers and vegetable sticks.
*I like to cook my bacon in the oven. I set the oven to 400 degrees and lay the strips onto a broiler pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes until brown and crispy. The bacon comes flat, perfectly cooked and the grease falls through all the tiny little holes in the pan making it convenient to discard.
- If you like things spicy, you could add some chopped jalapeños to give this cheese ball a kick!
- Add some ranch seasoning for a bacon ranch cheese ball.
- Add some KRAFT shredded parmesan cheese for extra cheesy goodness.
We served this cheeseball with buttery crackers but you could also serve it with cut up vegetables such as celery, carrots, bell pepper slices and cauliflower.
- Can I make this ahead?
- Absolutely! Save yourself some time and make this cheese wreath up to 2 days in advance and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Do I have to make the bacon in the oven?
- No, you can cook the bacon however you prefer. I’ve learned how much easier cleanup is when making bacon in the oven. It comes out in flat strips, no grease splatter, and it’s easy to pour the grease into a container when done.
If you love cheese balls check out this Cranberry Orange Pecan Cheeseball
Save time this year and use Walmart Grocery pickup for all your holiday needs!
What are some of your holiday traditions?
Original recipe by Tamara (Like) Camera