This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FootballFanGame #FiredUpFans
Grab some friends, fire up the grill and get pumped for game day! You’ve also gotta make this Spicy Dr Pepper Caramel Popcorn. It’ll be the showstopper of your tailgate!
You mention football and our friends com running. I love them for that. Always down for a good time!
They know that when they show up there will be food, drinks and they’re bringing the ultimate fandom.
While we all may root for a different team, we all come together on game day.
I also never miss an opportunity to “do it big!” I’m a little bit of a “Fired Up” Football fan so it’s tablescape, recipes and printables galore. What can I say, I like to throw a good party.
We live in the same town as our alma mater, but because we can’t always get to the parking lot to tailgate, we’ll bring the tailgating home for some homegating.
We often do try to make it out to the field as often as possible but with growing families it can be a challenge sometimes. So challenge accepted to bring the fun to our own backyard.
While recently shopping at Walmart I noticed Dr Pepper® had their Seasonal football cans available so I snagged up some to bring to the party. We love it for it’s rich, indulgent, one of a kind flavor.
I also grabbed a bag of Kingsford® Charcoal with Applewood. Kingsford is our brand of choice for consistent flavor, it’s easy to light and has 100% natural ingredients.
While I was creating the tablescape, my husband was off to light the grill and throw on some burgers for our hungry fans.
Whenever I am creating a tablescape, I hit the stores running. I absolutely love to bring a party to life with the table. I feel like it sets the scene for the ultimate game day.
I can’t forget my Letterboard. I plan on using that for witty sayings all season long. But for now, “Are you ready for some football?”
I also love to get festive decor. Football serving trays, paper products sporting our alma mater and a free printable, downloadable “Go Team Go” banner, just for you. Right click and save as.
I decided to set out a burger bar complete with condiments, toppings and our favorite burgers stuffed with bacon and cheddar. I set out onions, lettuce, tomato, pickled jalapenos, ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles and Dr Pepper BBQ sauce.
Besides simple foods such as the burger bar, I also set out munchies such as chips and pretzels.
With every party I host, I like to create one show stopping recipe. On the menu for this game day, Spicy Dr Pepper Popcorn. It was definitely the winner of the day.
Since the tablescape and food are covered, I look to my friends to bring out their best in the ultimate fandom. Jerseys, hats, cups, beads and sweat bands.
So if your friends are anything like mine, they’ll happily come over, on a moments notice, rocking their best game day apparel and cheer on their team with you. Rivals aside, we truly have the best of friends! Thank you all!
Don’t forget the Spicy Dr Pepper Caramel Popcorn which is sweet, slightly spicy and the ultimate game day snack for your next tailgate party!
Spicy Dr Pepper Caramel Popcorn
Yield 8 servings
icy Dr Pepper Caramel Popcorn is a sweet caramel popcorn that's bringing a little bit of heat. Make extra because this stuff will go fast!
- 2 bags popcorn, popped (unpopped kernels discarded)3/4 cups brown sugar3/4 cup granulated white sugar½ cup Dr Pepper, flat6 tablespoons butter1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce¼ cup heavy cream¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a large jelly roll pan with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place popped popcorn on sheet pan and set aside.
- Place brown sugar, white sugar and Dr Pepper into a medium saucepan, over medium heat, and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the butter, buffalo wing sauce and heavy cream.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to a soft boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda. (be careful as it will bubble up)
- Slowly pour mixture over popcorn and stir to combine until evenly coated. Arrange popcorn into a single layer and place into oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and break into pieces. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Total Carbohydrates 44 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 41 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Grab some of your coolest friends, I’m so glad I found mine, some Dr Pepper, fire up the grill with Kingsford Charcoal and bring the ultimate game day experience to your next football gathering!
GET FIRED UP and check out more ideas on how you can bring the ultimate FANDOM to your next tailgate or homegate by checking out this “Fire Up Your Fan Game Page.” It’s full of recipes, tips and tricks to show your team pride!
How do you bring the ultimate fandom to your football gatherings? Also, where can I get one of those cool foam fingers?! I want one before our next get together!
You’ll also want to include this Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Dip
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Leave a Reply