Light and fluffy, these Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes with raspberry buttercream taste just like the real deal cocktail but in dessert form and they’re pretty too!
I’ve loved Moscow Mules for as long as I can remember thanks to my dad. He was making them before they were cool.
I’ve got several cocktail recipes on my blog but this is the first time I’ve turned the beloved Moscow Mule into a dessert.
The base of these cupcakes is a standard Moscow Mule but I did NOT include alcohol.
Traditionally in the cocktail there is vodka but I opted no booze.
The raspberry comes from the delicious buttercream frosting that is piped on the top and is marvelous.
From the first bite, these Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes are perfection! I am SO happy with how they turned out.
In case you didn’t know, ginger beer is nonalcoholic so these cupcakes contain zero alcohol.
It’s an essential component in the cocktail and if you’re a ginger ale fan, give it a try just as a beverage.
These cupcakes could also pass for lime cupcakes as the lime is
Grocery list for lime ginger beer cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Freshly grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extract vanilla
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Ginger beer
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Raspberry Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint (60z) fresh raspberries
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Fresh April Sprinkles; The Final Rosé Swanky Sprinkle Blend
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and set aside.
- Into a large bowl of your stand mixer or a large bowl, add butter and beat for 1 minute. Add in sugar and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, vanilla, lime juice, ginger beef and buttermilk. Fold in lime zest.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter (1/4 cup) into prepared muffins cup. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Into a large bowl of your stand mixer or a large bowl, add butter and beat for 1-2 minutes. Add in pint of raspberries setting aside 12 raspberries for garnish.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk and beat to combine until fluffy.
- Add into a piping bag and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with fresh raspberries, lime wedge and sprinkles.
Aren’t these Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes just cute?! They would be so fun for a Spring party, mimosa party or baby/bridal shower.
how to adapt this recipe with tips and variations
- You can make these cupcakes with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or just regular Moscow Mule cupcakes.
- If you do not have ginger beer, substitute with ginger ale or Sprite could work too but I’d add in 1/4 teaspoon more ground ginger.
- If you can’t find fresh raspberries or they don’t look particularly good that day at the store, you can use 1/2 cup raspberry jam.
They would be PERFECT for The Bachelor or The Bachelorette party! full of gold and pink, who doesn’t love a little sparkle!
Thank you, Fresh April Sprinkles Can’t wait to use them again for my little girl’s birthday cupcakes! Be sure to check her out!!
And thank you Adams Extracts for the vanilla and lemon extracts. You are always my go to for the BEST flavoring!!
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway? 27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Millican Pecan is giving one winner a Tower of Treats!
Millican Pecan began when E.E. Risien, founded the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s at the junction of the San Saba and Colorado Rivers. He received much recognition for his experiments that altered the course of the pecan industry and helped to establish San Saba as the “Pecan Capital of the World.” From this location, they developed many great pecan varieties, as well as a prosperous orchard that serves our customers well, even to this day. Today Millican Pecan is being run by the 5th generation, the one that launched the Millican Pecan website in 2002. Visit https://millicanpecan.com/ to learn more about pecans, find delicious recipes, and buy their amazing pecans and pecan products.
Prize #2: Door County Coffee is giving one winner 20 full-pots of coffee and a Door County Coffee mug. Full pots will consist of seasonal flavors, flavored coffee, and non-flavored coffee.
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes.
Prize #3: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a set of Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. This set contains one Chiffon Bundt Pan and one Vaulted Cathedral Bundt Pan perfect for decorative baking.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking in the kitchen, and plenty of baking videos.
Prize #4: Anolon is giving one winner an Anolon Advanced 5 piece Bakeware set. This nonstick bakeware set includes two 8 inch round cake pans, one 8 inch square cake pan, a 10 x 15 cookie pan, and a 9.25 x 14 cooling rack! It’s the perfect set for any baker.
Established in 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware and by 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware that would revolutionize the world of home cooking because the nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily. Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior that is made with a special blend of sapphire-reinforced nonstick that is triple coated. Visit https://anolon.com to see their selection of cookware, bakeware, tools, and to get amazing recipes.
Prize #5: Fresh April Sprinkles is giving one winner their choice of three 4 ounce bags of sprinkles! Winner can choose from favorites like the Birthday Party Blend, Cotton Candy Blend, Pink Lemonade Blend, and so many others!
Fresh April Sprinkles was founded in the summer of 2019 by Lynn April who runs the food blog Fresh April Flours. They produce small batch, hand blended sprinkles in a suburb outside of Philadelphia. Their sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be company based out of a suburb of Philadelphia. Our sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be custom blended just for you! Visit https://freshaprilsprinkles.com to see the collection of sprinkles available or to find recipes from Lynn!
Prize #6: Adams Extract is giving one winner an Adams baking pack with 4-6 items including their amazing 4oz Adams Best® Vanilla Flavor. This prize package is great for anyone who loves to bake!
John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, Texas. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.” “Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded. The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more. To learn more about Adams Extract, to shop their products, or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com.
Prize #7: Deiss Kitchenware is giving one winner a kitchen utensil prize package! The winner will receive a digital thermometer, a grater, an apple slicer and corer set, and a 5 piece utensil set!
Deiss Kitchenware is a small, family driven company that believes it’s easy to cook with pleasure when you have the right tools. This company will bend over backwards to make you happy and the president of the company will even answer your letters! They create easy to use, innovative, and reliable products for use in your kitchen. To learn more about the company and the products they sell visit https://deisskitchenware.de/.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.