This Popcorn Shrimp Margherita Pizza comes together with 5 simple ingredients and is ready in 20 minutes for a fresh and delicious take on a classic!
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Gorton’s Seafood
It’s time to bring the cooking outdoors!
This easy flatbread pizza comes together in a snap, all on the grill.
It starts with store bought ingredients and maybe even some you have in your garden.
We grow tomatoes and basil every year so this is perfect anytime you have an abundance of either.
My kids also love pizza and popcorn shrimp, so I combined those to create a new summer pizza recipe.
WHAT IS MARGHERITA PIZZA?
This Margherita pizza is made of 5 simple ingredients including garlic naan, a medley of tomatoes, Gorton’s Seafood Popcorn Shrimp, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil.
I purchased roasted garlic naan bread to save me a step in rubbing garlic on plain naan bread but you can use whatever type you have on hand. You could also use pita bread, premade pizza crust or homemade pizza dough.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY MARGHERITA FLATBREAD RECIPE
- Garlic Naan Bread
- Tomatoes (cherry tomatoes, garden medley, etc.)
- Gorton’s Seafood Popcorn Shrimp
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
HOW TO MAKE MARGHERITA PIZZA AT HOME
You can make popcorn shrimp flatbreads on the grill, as I have done or in the oven if it’s not grilling season.
- Start by brushing olive oil onto the flatbread.
- Grill over direct heat for 1 minute per side, watching careful not to burn. Plate onto a plate.
- Into a grill basket, add popcorn shrimp. Cook over direct heat for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly, then switch over indirect heat, stirring until thoroughly cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place tomatoes on top of naan bread and top with fresh mozzarella cheese. Place back onto the grill, over indirect heat and place on the lid.
- Allow cheese to melt, about 10 minutes, remove and top with shrimp and fresh basil.
- Cook popcorn shrimp according to package directions. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place tomatoes on top of naan bread and top with cheese. Place onto a sheet pan and place under the broiler for a few minutes until melted.
- Remove and top with shrimp and fresh torn basil.
- Slice and serve
We served these popcorn shrimp pizzas with fresh sliced watermelon and enjoyed them on the patio. They’ve become a new family favorite and I think yours would agree!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!