Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing are soft and fluffy and bursting with all the flavors you love of the classic cake!
I almost have no words for these Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing.
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever made something so amazing in my life. I may open up my own cinnamon roll shop.
The entire family raved about these over and over and I’m already counting down the days until I make them again.
I will be honest and say they are a little time consuming. Hard? Not at all. Worth every single second? Absolutely.
Grocery list carrot cake rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
Ingredients for thick cream cheese icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Step by step instructions
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, add warmed milk and sprinkle yeast and sugar on top. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, into a large bowl, add flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. With the dough hook attached, add dry ingredients to milk mixture. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat on low speed. Slowly add in melted butter and carrots. Continue to knead the dough for 5 minutes or until dough forms a ball. If the dough it too sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour until and soft ball forms. Place dough into a greased bowl, in a warm location, and allow to rise for 30 minutes*
- Into a small bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Onto a lightly flour surface, roll out dough into a 16-by-12-inch rectangle.
- Brush dough with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle on brown sugar mixture, leaving a 1/2″ border.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and using unflavored dental floss or a sharp knife, cut cinnamon rolls into 1″ pieces. I was able to get 14 rolls.
- Arrange cinnamon rolls into prepared pan, cover with a clean kitchen towel and place into a warm location for 30 minutes to allow them to rise again.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes or until light and golden brown and cooked in the middle.
Cream cheese icing
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, or a large bowl, beat cream cheese. Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk.
- Spread cream cheese icing all over the tops of cooked cinnamon rolls.
how to adapt this recipe with tips and variations
- *Use a heating pad for your “warm location” Set the heating pad on low, place the bowl on top and drape with a clean towel.
- I use dental floss to cleanly cut the cinnamon rolls. Don’t use mint flavored!
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Bunny Carrot Cakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cake Batter Milkshakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Carrot Cake Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Raspberry Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie by Shockingly Delicious
- Coffee Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by A Savory Feast
- Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Fairy Cakes by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread Bars by Frugal & Fit
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Blogghetti
- Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Raspberry Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mocha Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spring Toffee Crack by Jen Around the World