Caramel Apple Cider Banana Bread is packed with bananas, sweet apples, apple cider and covered in a thick and creamy caramel sauce to bring you a banana bread dreams are made of!
Check out more banana bread recipes here
I started Apple Week off with a BANG and I’m ending it with a BANG!
One can never have too many banana bread recipes, am I right?
If I left my son alone with a banana bread, there would be none left and this Caramel Apple Cider Banana Bread was no exception.
How could you resist a moist banana bread recipe? Especially one that is packed with apples, apple cider tea and then drizzled with a decadent caramel sauce.
I bring to you the banana bread of your dreams…
To me a banana bread recipe needs to be
and this Caramel Apple Cider Banana Bread ticks all of those marks.
It’s a classic banana bread recipe with the addition of apples, hot apple cider tea steeped into milk and a thick caramel drizzle on top.
I took The Republic of Tea Hot Apple cider bags and steeped them into warm milk. I made the tea double strength meaning I used twice as many tea bags as I did water, according to the directions.
I’m excited to drink this hot apple cider all season long and also to make Copycat Starbucks Hot Apple Cider with it. And being a former barista, I know just how to do it.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR CARAMEL APPLE CIDER BANANA BREAD:
You will need the following items to make this apple corn chowder
- Hot apple cider tea bags
- brown sugar
- white granulated sugar
- vanilla bean paste (I used Taylor and Colledge and it was amazing! or vanilla extract
- baking soda
- apple pie spice
You’ll notice this banana bread is made without oil. It’s not necessary. The addition of the milk keep this loaf extra moist.
STEPS TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE CIDER BREAD
- Start by warming milk into the microwave for 30 seconds. Add 2 tea bags and allow to steep until cool. Remove tea bags
- Into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and cream for 2 minutes. Next, add in sugar and beat 2-3 more minutes until fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time mixing until incorporated and then add in vanilla. Fold in bananas.
- Into a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and apple pie spice.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Into a small bowl, add chopped apples and 2 tablespoons of flour and mix. Fold into batter.
- Place into a greased loaf pan and bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When the loaf is cooled, spread with warmed caramel sauce.
WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF APPLE TO USE FOR CARAMEL APPLE BREAD?
To be honest, any apple will work here. Some people prefer a granny smith apple for a little bit of tartness, but I found that using an Envy apples, which is on the sweeter side, didn’t make for an overly sweet apple.
I’d save honeycrisp apples for snacking and not baking or cooking with.
WHAT IS THE BEST CARAMEL TO USE FOR BAKED GOODS?
I recently discovered Chocoley and I’m blown away by their products. They are superior in chocolate and caramel and are SUPER easy to use.
I received their gourmet caramel and I just slightly melted it and spread it over the load.
What I loved about using this caramel as it adhered to the bread creating a thick layer unlike if I were to have used an ice cream topping sauce.
The taste is also divine so if you’re in the market for baking this upcoming holiday season I HIGHLY recommend Chocoley.
TIPS FOR MAKING CARAMEL APPLE CIDER BANANA BREAD
Any time I am cooking or baking, I leave the ingredients out at room temperature. It takes away the shock factor of adding a cold liquid or ingredient into a warm or hot mixture.
Therefore, I left my eggs and butter at room temperature prior to working with.
I also coat the apples in flour so that while they are baking they do not sink to the bottom. The flour keeps the apples studded throughout the slices.
HOW TO STORE CARAMEL APPLE CIDER BANANA BREAD?
I recommend tightly wrapping the bread in plastic wrap and placing it into the refrigerator.
If you aren’t a fan of cold bread, pop a slice into the microwave for 10 seconds!
DO YOU NEED TO PEEL APPLES BEFORE COOKING?
I am Team Texture, therefore I like extra crunch in dishes so I leave the skin ON the apples. If you do not prefer skin on your apples, you can peel them and it will not effect the bread.
Each day this week myself and all my bloggers friends will be showcasing Apple recipes. Be sure to check them out each day!
- Air Fried Apple Fries with Caramel Cheesecake Dip by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Chocolate Glazed Apple Hand Pies by Blogghetti
- Apple Cider Cheesecake Bars by Snacks and Sips
- Apple Cider Tea Chicken with Apples & Sweet Potato by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple “Donut” Monsters by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple Pie Pizza by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Pie Truffles by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apples and Honeycomb Chocolate Bars by The Monday Box
- Baked Apples and Cinnamon Overnight Oats by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Cider Slushies by Savory Moments
- Frosty Apple Cocktail by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Green Appletini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Oatmeal Caramel Apple Thumbprints by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Peanut Butter Apple Blondies by Cookaholic Wife
- Rag Top Apple Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Soda-Glazed Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Rustic Buttermilk Apple Cake by Cooking With Carlee