Rich and decadent layers of cookies, creamy peppermint filling and semi sweet chocolate make these Peppermint Patty Bars a mint lovers dream!
If you love Peppermint, you’ve gotta try these Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookie Cups
If I’m being honest, York Peppermint Patties are my all time favorite candy and have been since I was as little girl.
Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors and I look forward to this time of year all year-long.
From the candles in my home, to the flavor in my coffee, everything in December screams Peppermint.
So when it was time to come up with recipes for #ChristmasCookie week, making these Peppermint Patty Bars was a no brainer.
These Peppermint Patty Bars might be my all time favorite dessert on the blog.
No I’m biased because I love peppermint but these are freaking something special.
The crust is Oreo cookies so you know it’s going to be good.
Also, have you tried the Peppermint Bark OREOs?! ZOMG! Heaven.
I substituted half a package of peppermint bark OREOs for the regular pack but when you read the recipe, I didn’t specify that because I want this recipe to stand the test of time and I’m not sure if the Peppermint Bark OREOs will be around forever.
However, there is plenty of peppermint flavor in just the middle white layer so it is NOT necessary to use peppermint OREOS in the cookie layer.
But if you’re feeling extra like I was, DO IT!
These Peppermint Patty Bars are rich, decadent and a Peppermint Lovers Dream.
Peppermint Patty Bars
Yield 24 servings
Rich and decadent layers of cookies, creamy peppermint filling and semisweet chocolate make these Peppermint Patty Bars a mint lovers dream!
- 1 (14.3oz package) Oreo Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 13 x 9" pan with aluminum foil, extending over the edges of the pan.
- Into a food processor, process cookies until fine crumbs. Slowly stream in melted butter. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, place butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix to combine. Add another cup of powdered sugar, followed by milk. Mix to combine. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and peppermint extract. Mix to combine. Add remaining powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of the cookie mixture and place into freezer for 45 minutes.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwaveable bowl and melt, in 30 second intervals, until melted. Pour over peppermint layer and smooth evenly.
- Cover and place into freezer until set. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Adapted from Peppermint Cream Bars
I used Adams Peppermint Extract for these Peppermint Patty Bars and it’s every bit of wonderful that I knew it would be.
I love their extracts. They’re absolutely delicious and I HIGHLY recommend them for all your baking projects, especially these peppermint patty bars!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Thursday Recipes
- Celebrating Sinterklaas with Speculaas by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Spice Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Empire Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Lemon Shortbread Sandwich Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Wedding Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Bourbon Balls by Girl Abroad
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cereal Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Red and White Pinwheel Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Truffle Filled Cookie Tarts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by The Saucy Fig