These Peppermint Patty Bars are sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Rich and decadent layers of cookies, creamy peppermint filling and semi sweet chocolate make these Peppermint Patty Bars a mint lovers dream!
If you love Peppermint, you’ve gotta try these Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookie Cups
If I’m being honest, York Peppermint Patties are my all time favorite candy and have been since I was as little girl.
Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors and I look forward to this time of year all year-long.
From the candles in my home, to the flavor in my coffee, everything in December screams Peppermint.
So when it was time to come up with recipes for #ChristmasCookie week, making these Peppermint Patty Bars was a no brainer.
These Peppermint Patty Bars might be my all time favorite dessert on the blog.
No I’m biased because I love peppermint but these are freaking something special.
The crust is Oreo cookies so you know it’s going to be good.
Also, have you tried the Peppermint Bark OREOs?! ZOMG! Heaven.
I substituted half a package of peppermint bark OREOs for the regular pack but when you read the recipe, I didn’t specify that because I want this recipe to stand the test of time and I’m not sure if the Peppermint Bark OREOs will be around forever.
However, there is plenty of peppermint flavor in just the middle white layer so it is NOT necessary to use peppermint OREOS in the cookie layer.
But if you’re feeling extra like I was, DO IT!
These Peppermint Patty Bars are rich, decadent and a Peppermint Lovers Dream.
Peppermint Patty Bars
Yield 24 servings
Rich and decadent layers of cookies, creamy peppermint filling and semisweet chocolate make these Peppermint Patty Bars a mint lovers dream!
- 1 (14.3oz package) Oreo Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 13 x 9" pan with aluminum foil, extending over the edges of the pan.
- Into a food processor, process cookies until fine crumbs. Slowly stream in melted butter. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, place butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix to combine. Add another cup of powdered sugar, followed by milk. Mix to combine. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and peppermint extract. Mix to combine. Add remaining powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of the cookie mixture and place into freezer for 45 minutes.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwaveable bowl and melt, in 30 second intervals, until melted. Pour over peppermint layer and smooth evenly.
- Cover and place into freezer until set. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Adapted from Peppermint Cream Bars
I used Adams Peppermint Extract for these Peppermint Patty Bars and it’s every bit of wonderful that I knew it would be.
I love their extracts. They’re absolutely delicious and I HIGHLY recommend them for all your baking projects, especially these peppermint patty bars!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Thursday Recipes
- Celebrating Sinterklaas with Speculaas by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Spice Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Buttons with a Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Empire Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Lemon Shortbread Sandwich Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Wedding Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Bourbon Balls by Girl Abroad
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cereal Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Red and White Pinwheel Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Truffle Filled Cookie Tarts by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by The Saucy Fig
This post is sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 5/8 inch x 16 1/2 inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.1