This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast rolls are breakfast bliss. Peanut butter flavored rolls, stuffed with jelly and topped with a peanut butter frosting are the best breakfast rolls yet!
Love Peanut Butter and Jelly? Who doesn’t! Try this Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread!
There’s a crispness in the air that has been looming around the last few weeks which means Fall is right around the corner. I mean right after we hit the 90’s this weekend. Mother Nature is crazy sometimes.
But ready or not, the stores are full of autumn colors, pumpkin spice everything and seasonal creamers!
I know when seasonal creamers hit the shelves, it’s about to get real…holiday real! My favorite time of year! Christmas will be here before we know it. We’ve already started to tell the children, “Watch out, Santa is watching you!” Gets them every time! ?
I’ve told you time and time again, I live, eat and breathe coffee. It runs through my veins. It’s the last thing I think about before I go to bed. Is that weird? Nevermind, don’t answer that.
We are crazy peanut butter fans in this house AND crazy cinnamon roll people in this house, so why not combine both? International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer made that simple!
I remember the first time I heard it was coming out. I immediately screenshotted the image and sent it to my husband with a gazillion !!!! REESE’S Peanut Butter cups are a family favorite around here.
Imagine my excitement when I spotted International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup in the refrigerated bunker at Wal-Mart alongside International Delight® Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer. It was my lucky day!
I quickly grabbed both of them and headed home with a little pep in my step!
Fast forward to Friday night. I love to pop open a can of cinnamon rolls on Saturday mornings for breakfast. I didn’t have any on hand and knew I had recently seen a recipe in a magazine for homemade peanut butter breakfast rolls. I got busy.
I decided to whip up these Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast rolls and swap out the milk for International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup. The more peanut butter flavor, the better in this house!
While these Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast rolls take longer to make than the store-bought kind, I can promise you these are better. And they’re topped with a fluffy peanut butter frosting so yeah, they’re MUCH better!
I started by making the dough and then letting it rise. Then you’ll roll it out, spread on the peanut butter and jelly mixture, roll it up into a log and slice into pieces.
While they’re baking, you can make the peanut butter frosting and then voila, you’ve got delicious baked breakfast rolls in about 30 minutes (not including rise time?)
You can absolutely make these ahead of time and just bake them in the morning, which is what I did so I didn’t have to get up at 6am to have these ready for when the kids woke up!
You can also make extra and freeze a pan for a later date. These would be perfect for the kids when they have a sleepover or to take to a tailgate party!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Rolls
Yield 16 rolls
Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Rolls are stuffed with jelly and topped with a delicious peanut butter frosting! The best breakfast roll yet!
- 4 - 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves (can sub in any flavor jam)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour and active yeast.
- In a small saucepan, combine International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer, butter, sugar and salt until a thermometer registers 125 degrees F.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and then add eggs and 1/4 peanut butter. Beat with a mixture for 30 seconds and then slowly add in 2 1/2 cups flour. When all flour has been added, Beat on high for 3 minutes.*
- Remove dough and place onto lightly floured surface. Knead until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Place into a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat entire surface. Cover and let rise, in a warm place**, until doubled in size (1 hour)
- Punch down the dough, cover and let rise 10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into 18 x 12 rectangle.
- In a small bowl, place remaining peanut butter (3/4 cup) and preserves and heat in microwave for 30 seconds until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- When cooled, spread peanut butter and jelly mixture onto rolled out dough, making sure to leave a 1 inch border all around the sides.
- Starting at the long end, tightly roll up the dough and pinch the seams to close. Slice into 16 pieces and place into prepared baking pan, cut side up. Cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 30 minutes)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread rolls with peanut butter frosting and serve.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer, place butter and peanut butter and beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and when it starts to get thick, add in International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup creamer.
- When all is incorporated, mix at high speed for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
*If the dough seems overly sticky, add additional flour during the kneading process until the dough is smooth
** I place a heating pad on the lowest setting and place my bowl, filled with dough, on top of it and cover with a towel. Works every time!
Adapted from Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Rolls
Serving Size 1 roll
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 284 mg
Total Carbohydrates 53 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These were a huge hit for my peanut butter loving family. Soft and pillowy with bites of jelly and peanut butter running throughout. And the frosting! Yummy! You can spread that on anything!
Feel free to switch out the strawberry preserves for any type of you’d like. Grape, raspberry and apple would all be fabulous combos! Get crazy with it!
I must say, these rolls would also be absolutely delicious with International Delight® Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Spice too! I would just sub the milk for the pumpkin spice creamer and fill the inside with cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe some pecans and they’d be delicious pumpkin spice rolls.
International Delight® Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Spice is one of my favorite seasonal creamers and it always gets me right into the Fall spirit.
Be sure to check out the International Delight® website where you can learn more about their seasonal creamers, One Touch Latte which I reviewed here and fabulous recipes you can make with the wide array of flavored creamers.
If you haven’t tried International Delight® REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup, what are you waiting for?!
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Srivalli Jetti says
These breakfast rolls look super delicious!..I am sure the peanut butter must have made this so good..I have only made with cinnamon, this makes a gread filling to try..
This is such a fun twist on a normal breakfast food! My kids love peanut butter so this seems like a great new recipe!
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh says
That creamer has become the only creamer I will drink in my coffee! It’s freaking fantastic. I bet that these rolls are amazing. I am pinning the recipe because I’m making these very soon.
Lauren @ Delicious Little Bites says
I have loved PBJ my whole life and these rolls look amazing! I had NO idea there is a Reese’s Coffee Creamer! I buy International Delight every week and somehow missed this?!?! Definitely buying it this week!
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
That is a comforting breakfast roll to wake up to. Fall is definitely in the air and I can’t wait to indulge in all the fall flavors. I have never seen the Reese’s flavored coffee creamer. Definitely giving that a try!
O-M-G you had me at peanut butter and jelly…YUM! I love a traditional cinnamon roll so I cannot wait to try your version! Also, I had no idea that they had a Reese flavored creamer, how clever to use it in your baking as well! Love!
Veena Azmanov says
Oh this would be perfect for our weekend brunch. My kids love peanut butter and jelly. Great treat anytime of the day right? Can’t wait to try this.. YUM!
Is there anything more comforting than peanut butter and jelly? Love this breakfast recipe, and I’ve got a crush on that creamer flavor. Great post!
This is kids friendly breakfast rolls Peanut butter and jelly is ultimate combo when comes to breakfast. This breakfast rolls great idea I will try it.
Noel Lizotte says
Peanut butter and jelly is what got me through school. I think I had it for breakfast and lunch every day from kindergarten to graduation. Why? Why not! This recipe is just what I need to make those flavors “adult”.
ps – I’m thinking just put a straw in that Reese’s cup creamer and forget adding coffee!
Ahhhh, SUCH a great idea! Never would have thought to do this. I think my husband would love these before work!
This is a wonderful idea for breakfast rolls…love this!
Ashley - Forking Up says
As a kid, I’d put both peanutbutter AND jelly on my toast. This looks like 6 year old me would adoooore it.
Breakfast of my DREAMS. Seriously, a cinnamon roll and PBJ hybrid? Amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Megan | Strawberry Blondie Kitchen says
I eat peanut butter around the clock! Might as well stick it into my breakfast rolls too!?