Mocha Mint Mississippi Mud Brownies are an easy homemade brownie recipe filled with coffee and mint and topped with chopped pecans and marshmallows. They’re decadent and delicious!
Love mint? You’ve GOTTA try this Bailey’s Mint Chocolate Chip Dip
Mocha Mint Mississippi Mud Brownies now that’s a mouthful, literally.
I’m a huge sucker for anything coffee and mint. So, when Door County Coffee & Tea Co. sent me samples of their coffee to use in recipe creation for this week, I immediately jumped on the mocha mint flavor.
Coffee is known to bring out the intensity of chocolate, hence why I always put coffee, or espresso, into my chocolate baked goods.
I’ll be honest when I say I’ve never had Mississippi mud cake or mud pie, but I love the combination of chocolate, marshmallows and frosting.
This brownie recipe is so easy, super fudgy and everything you’d want in a homemade brownie.
I loosely adapted this recipe from the base of my Irish Car Bomb Brownies
ingredients- what you need for Mississippi mud brownies
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- unsalted butter
- Door County Mocha Mint ground coffee
- vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box Andes Mints
- pecans, chopped
- mini marshmallows
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate into a heat proof bowl and microwave until melted. Whisk in butter, ground coffee and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately place Andes mints on top, lightly pressing down. Top with pecans and mini marshmallows and allow brownies to cool completely
- Drizzle* chocolate all over the top and cut into 16 squares.
*I opted not to make a frosting but rather drizzle on some chocolate. Again, feel free to use your favorite frosting recipe or store bought.
Can I use a box mix?
Absolutely! Choose your favorite boxed mix and go from there.
I always highly recommend using a Ghirardelli mix but any boxed brownie mix will do.
These Mocha Mint Mississippi Mud Brownies are a chocolate mint lovers dream.
They’re fudgy, chewy, chocolately, slightly salty and crunchy and the best “mud” you’ll ever eat.
how to adapt this recipe with tips and variations
- If you aren’t a fan of nuts, feel free to leave them out.
- Use room temperature ingredients such as butter and eggs.
- Feel free to use a boxed mix if you do not have time to make the homemade brownies.
- Go wild and frost these brownies with a homemade chocolate frosting or store bought.
Thank you Door County Coffee & Tea Co. for fueling my coffee habit with the most delicious I’ve ever experienced in a cup o’ joe.
Be sure to check out their Spring Flavors
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Auntie Ann’s Italian Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Blood Orange Madelines by Simply Inspired Meals
- Butter Pecan Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Butterscotch Pie with Pecan Crust by Art of Natural Living
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Carrot Cake Pecan Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Coconut Pineapple Bread by Family Around the Table
- Coffee Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls by Pastry Chef Online
- Coffee Pudding Cake by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Almond Poppyseed Bread by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon and Raspberry Mascarpone Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Buttercream Cake with Lemon Curd Filling by Jen Around the World
- Lemon Cake Pops by A Savory Feast
- Lemon Jelly Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemonade Crinkles by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Lemony Baked Doughnuts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mint Chocolate Quick Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mocha Mint Mississippi mud brownies- by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Orange Posset by Shockingly Delicious
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats by Blogghetti
- Praline Ice Cream by Fresh April Flours
- Sponge Cake by Books n’ Cooks
- Spring Pastel Watercolor Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Turtle Layer Cake by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Carrot Cake Tea Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice