These Mixed Berry Crumble Bars have been sponsored by Kellogg’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These Mixed Berry Crumble Bars are crunchy, bursting with berry flavor and the perfect on the go breakfast or snack any time of the day!
Back to School is fast approaching, are you ready?
Little by little, I am embracing the fact that the kids will be going back to school in just a few short weeks.
School supplies have been purchased, the first day of school outfits have been picked out and the only thing that remains is purchasing food to get us through the week from breakfast to snack time.
Along with store-bought snacks, we also love to make homemade treats to pack in their lunches. These Mixed Berry Crumble Bars have become a regular around the house as a family favorite!
We recently headed into Dollar General to stock up on some breakfast items as well as snacks to pack in their school lunches.
While browsing the store, we headed down the breakfast aisle where we picked up some Kellogg’s® Frosted Flakes®, Kellogg’s® Pop Tarts®, Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® bars and Cheez-It® Baked Snack Crackers. These are some of my kids’ favorite breakfast and snack time foods.
My kids were also thrilled about the messaging on the boxes, ‘Buy a Box, Get a Book’, since both of them are bookworms. Therefore, I had to get 4 boxes of Kellogg’s® participating items so they could each get 2 books.
We regularly purchase books from Scholastic, so this was an awesome opportunity for them to expand their library. Win-Win!
My son absolutely loves the Captain Underpants series and my daughter is all into Shopkins these days, so these were the first books they picked out. See which books you can get here. They’ve already picked out their second selection and can hardly wait for them to arrive!
After we got home, I decided to take the box of Kellogg’s® Frosted Flakes® and create these Mixed Berry Crumble Bars.
I had recently purchased a bag of frozen fruit and had this idea to use the Kellogg’s® Frosted Flakes® as a crunchy crust layer for some delicious fruit bars.
They turned out better than expected, and I’ve already made a second batch to share with friends and neighbors.
These Mixed Berry Crumble bars are bursting with sweet berry goodness and delicious crunch!
Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
Yield 16 servings
These Mixed Berry Crumble Bars are crunchy, bursting with berry flavor and the perfect on- the- go breakfast or snack any time of the day!
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Flakes®, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Mixed Berry Layer
- 16 ounces frozen mixed berries (I used a mix of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 4 ½ teaspoons flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a food processor, add Kellogg's® Frosted Flakes®, cinnamon and sugar. Slowly pour in melted butter until combined.
- Place into prepared pan. Spread out and press down to form a crust. Bake for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
Mixed Berry layer
- Place berries, flour, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice into a medium sauce pot and cook over medium-low heat until berries start to burst, about 5- 7 minutes. Lightly mash with a potato masher to break up larger pieces.
- Place into refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes to slightly set.
- Pour on top of crust layer
- Into a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in butter and mix with a fork to combine.
- Place crumble mixture on top of mixed berry layer, making sure to evenly cover the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then place into refrigerator for 1 hour to firmly set up. Cut into bars.
Serving Size 16 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 146 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These Mixed Berry Crumble bars are delicious and packed with sweet berries and crumbly goodness. We can hardly keep a pan in the house these days.
Right now, at Dollar General, purchase select Kellogg’s products for 3 for $6, with an additional $1 coupon savings and the ‘Buy a Box, Get a Book’ promotion. Now if that isn’t the deal of the “back- to- school” frenzy, I don’t know what is.
I’ve already shared this amazing deal with my friends and family, and they’ve submitted their boxes for free Scholastic Books. With products my family already loves, this promotion is a no brainer.
I may not be ready for summer to end but they can’t wait to get back into the classroom, to see their friends and to enjoy these Mixed Berry Crumble Bars in their lunchboxes!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!