This Healthier One Pan Taco Pasta is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Healthier One Pan Taco Pasta is an easy plant based dinner recipe that’s ready in under 15 minutes and will quickly become your family’s new favorite comfort meal.
Looking for another plant based recipe? Try this Chicago Style Beyond Burger
Taco are a weekly rotation around here and while my family never gets board of eating them outta taco shells, I like to spice things up a bit and throw them a curve ball from time to time.
And Who’s with me on the need for simple and fast recipes these days?
With all this remote learning going on while trying to balance my own work and keep up with daily “to dos”, meals need to be speedy.
This Healthier One Pan Taco Pasta ticks all those marks. It’s, easy, quick, delicious and it’s a taco casserole so you know your family will be running to the table.
And the BEST part? It cooks all in one pot, including the pasta which is cooked to perfection!
When I was first married, I always made those one pan boxed dinners.
Now that I’m more of an experienced cook, I make those boxed dinners from scratch and lemme tell you, they are so much better than the box!
This taco pasta is made with 6 ingredients (+water), all which can be purchased at Jewel-Osco. They exclusively sell O Organics® plant-based products that are “better for you”, always non-GMO and reflect uncompromising purity and quality.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- O Organics Plant Based Crumbles
- Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni
- Taco Seasoning
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Mexican Style Cheese
HOW TO MAKE
- Into a large pan, over medium heat warm O Organics Plant Based Crumbles, about 5 minutes.
- Add in taco seasoning, pasta, salsa, milk and water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Turn off heat and fold in cheese.
- Serve with additional toppings
The additional toppings are up to you but I highly recommend
- sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
- tortilla chips (I like the crunch)
- a squeeze of lime would be tasty too!
You can make this Mexican skillet any way you’d like. If you aren’t looking for a plant based meal, here are some suggestions
- Use leftover taco meat
- You could chop up a rotisserie chicken, boneless skinless chicken breast or ground chicken.
- Love beef? Ground beef would be great just as ground turkey would.
- Or, do what I did and leave the meat out all together and go plant-based!
- Like it spicy? Add some hot sauce, hot salsa or serve with jalapenos
Jewel-Osco also offers Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
I don’t know about you, but my life needs recipes for this busy, on the go mom, that don’t require much prep work, extra dishes or time because this remote learning business has already taken up all the time I’ve got.
What are some of your favorite easy, go to meals?
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
[…] Looking for another plant based recipe? Try this Healthier One Pan Taco Pasta […]