This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #GreenMountainGringo #CheckOutOurBackside
Grilled Steak Street Tacos start with a delicious and easy marinade, then grilled to perfection and placed into tortillas with all your favorite toppings! The perfect summertime meal.
There is nothing better than when the weather starts to warm up in Central IL. We break out the flip flops, the grills and the outdoor tableware.
Grilling season is a season all it’s own and we’re here for it.
Perfectly charred and seared steak is one of our favorite meals, only made better with a fabulous (and easy) marinade, stuffed into street taco shells and topped with all our favorites.
What’s your favorite thing to throw on the grill when the weather warms up?
I can bet it’ll be these Grilled Steak Street Tacos once you try just one bite!
I’m using Green Mountain Gringo® Roasted Garlic Medium Salsa in this recipe.
What I love about Green Mountain Gringo® salsa is the freshness and high quality ingredients they use.
They focus on high quality food products for health conscious people that also taste great!
Don’t believe me? They developed a proposition for those that want to eat delicious foods, and expect a healthy option, to “Check Out Our Backside.”
You’ll find all clean ingredients on the label and that’s a BIG plus for our family!
Here are the ingredients needed for these street tacos, including the steak taco marinade.
- Top Sirloin or Flank Steak
- Green Mountain Gringo® Roasted Garlic Medium Salsa
- olive oil
- Street taco shells (corn, flour or Sweet Hawaiian)
- Garnishes (queso fresco cheese, radish slices, cilantro, red onion)
Step by step instructions
- Into a large zip top bag, place steak. Add in salsa, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and cilantro.
- Seal tight and place into a bowl in the refrigerator. Allow to marinade at least 30 minutes and up to overnight. Turn the bag half way through marinade time.
- Grease the grill grate, with oil or cooking spray and preheat to high. Remove steak from marinade and place onto grill, shaking off excess and place onto grill. Place the lid on the grill, and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook 2-4 minutes more until desired doneness. Remove and place onto a cooking board and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice thin, against the grain, and serve into taco shells with desired toppings.
Recipe variations and tips
- Use chicken. This marinade can also be used with boneless, skinless chicken breast. Grill the meat to 165 degrees F, allow to rest and slice into thin strips and garnish as you desire.
- Green Mountain Gringo® has a wide variety of salsas so switch it up and try the Green Mountain Gringo® Roasted Chile Pepper Medium Salsa, Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa or go for the heat and try the Green Mountain Gringo® Hot Salsa!
- Can this be made ahead?
- Yes, you can marinade the meat ahead of time. Anywhere for 30 minutes up to overnight would be ideal.
- Do I have to use a grill?
- No way! Please don’t save these just for warm weather. Feel free to use an indoor grill or griddle if you have one or use a cast iron pan and get it screaming out. Sear the meat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
We serve these tacos with a side of chips and extra salsa and a sparkling water for drinking.
The Green Mountain Gringo® Roasted Garlic Medium Salsa is simply mouthwatering.
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!