These Eyeball Halloween Cupcakes were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These Homemade Vanilla Eyeball Halloween Cupcakes are simple to make, adorable and are perfect for Halloween!
Check out this link for more Halloween recipes!
Cupcakes are one of my favorite things to make. I think it’s because they are so fun to decorate and I’m a sucker for vanilla buttercream frosting.
I mentioned before but my son loves Halloween and he loves cupcakes so I had to include a cupcake recipe this year for Halloween Treats Week.
These halloween cupcakes with eyeballs were his idea so I give him all of the credit.
Last year I made Monster Piñata Cupcakes which came out so cute.
This year I also went cute, LOL! I’m just not into the scary, gory, super gruesome Halloween stuff.
So while I did use some food gel under the eyes, I did’t make them all blood shot but feel free to do you and make them however you’d like.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY EYEBALL HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES:
- cake flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- granulated white sugar
- vanilla extract
- sour cream, room temperature
- milk, room temperature
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- butter, softened to room temperature
- vanilla extract, I use Adams extract
- powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES HOMEMADE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place muffin liners into a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter for 1 minute. Add sugar and beat another minute. Add in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla extract.
- Alternating, add in flour and milk, to bowl, until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar and combine.
- Add in vanilla extract and salt and whip for 2 minutes.
HOW TO DECORATE EASY HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES
I used a simple vanilla buttercream for these cupcakes but feel free to use whatever you’d like.
You could add sprinkles or a different color gel if you’d prefer to make bloody eyeball cupcakes.
You can purchase eyeballs for cupcakes from Treat Street. They are the perfect size for regular cupcakes.
HOW TO STORE VANILLA CUPCAKES
Wrap tightly with saran wrap and store in an air tight container. To keep cupcakes even fresher, store in the refrigerator.
HOW LONG DO HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES LAST?
Vanilla cupcakes will last for 2-3 days at room temperature.
Vanilla cupcakes can last up to 1 week stored in the refrigerator.
Store both in an air tight container.
I recommend frosting cupcakes just before serving.
HOW TO FREEZE CUPCAKES?
The best way to freeze cupcakes are to tightly wrap each cupcakes in plastic wrap and place into a freezer zip top bag or air tight container. You want to make sure you can get out as much air as possible.
Vanilla Cupcakes will last for 2-3 months when stored in the freezer.
To thaw, leave at room temperature.
I do not recommend freezing cupcakes with frosting. Freeze cupcakes unfrosted.
Eyeball Halloween cupcakes are simply decorated and oh so cute to serve for all your festive parties!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Caramel Chocolate Green Monster Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cheeseball from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Bloody Ice Cream Sundaes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Fruit Punch from Everyday Eileen
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Candy Bucket Cake from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Scary Caramel Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Eyeball Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Cake Pops from The Redhead Baker
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Caramel Apple Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table