This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyCookies
Chewy Seven Layer Cookies are stuffed full of chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and pecans. They’re super chewy and soft using a secret ingredient to make them the BEST cookie recipe!
These Chewy Seven Layer Cookies aren’t your average chocolate chip cookie. They’re taken to a whole new level with the addition of butterscotch chips, coconut and pecans.
AND the best part?! Yes, they are SUPER chewy. My secret? Ok, well I’ll spill the beans.. Karo® Corn Syrup
Karo® Corn Syrup makes the best, chewiest cookies and these Seven Layer Cookies are no exception!
These 7 layer cookies are exactly what you’re thinking, just like the seven layer bars. While I was thumbing through my husband’s grandmother’s cookbook, I noticed these seven layer cookies and I knew I had to make them immediately.
I gathered up all the ingredients, and my daughter, and we got to work on the recipe.
Just as Karo® Corn Syrup has been the leading corn syrup brand for over 100 years, I make traditions of baking our grandmother’s tried and true recipes with my own children and hopefully theirs to follow.
Creating traditions, with my kids, in the kitchen is one of my favorite times and I hope they past that down for generation to generation for all of life’s sweet moments.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY 7 LAYERS COOKIES:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- Karo® Corn Syrup
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- Coconut flakes
STEPS TO MAKE SEVEN LAYER COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and cream for 2 minutes. Next, add in sugars and beat 2-3 more minutes until fluffy. Add in Karo® corn syrup, egg and vanilla extract.
- Into a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, Coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
- Onto a parchment lined baking sheet, using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, carefully press additional chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans on top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE COOKIES SOFT AND CHEWY
- Whenever you are using something sticky (corn syrup, honey, agave, etc) spray your measuring cup before pouring in the liquid. It will make the liquid come out smoothly without sticking to the cup.
- Right when the cookies come out of the oven, carefully press additional chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans on top for a pretty presentation.
- Feel free to use whatever type of chips you’d like. Peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, etc.