Impress your guests with this easy Vegetable Quiche that’s loaded full of delicious veggies, milk, cheese and herbs for one incredible recipe!
Growing up, we had a glass of milk with dinner every single night. It was a “house rule” and one we didn’t argue with. Many of my memories in the kitchen with my parents surround milk being used in family recipes. We loved milk and the same rings true with our children today.
Dairy provides a vital nutrient package for children and adults alike. It has Vitamin A, D and protein, which is essential for a healthy immune system.
Fun fact- Dairy is also known to reduce inflammation and improve digestive health!
With the holiday season right around the corner, why not include milk into your recipes and pass the benefits onto your guests?
This veggie quiche is the perfect way to serve out-of-town guests a delicious and filling breakfast to help them fuel their day…and you too.
I know I need all the fuel I can get when I’m preparing Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
This is the BEST quiche and it’s packed with vegetables and oh so creamy!
Most of my favorite recipes start with milk. Whether I’m making a soup, casserole or pancakes for Sunday breakfast, milk is one of the most important ingredients.
Ingredients needed for this quiche
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed and bottom pricked with a fork
- 3/4 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, if desired for garnish
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a fork, prick sweet potato all over. Place into microwave and cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and dice.
- Into a medium skillet, melt butter. Add garlic, mushrooms and red pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
Meanwhile, into a large bowl add eggs, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cheeses and leeks.
Pour red pepper and mushroom mixture into the bottom of the pie crust. Add egg mixture on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, then wrap foil around the edges of the crust to prevent burning.
Cook an additional 15 minutes or until completely set.
Allow to set and cool slightly before slicing.
Why you’ll love this vegetable quiche:
- It’s super easy to make and 100% customizable. You can add or omit any of the vegetables you’d like.
- Throw in some chopped asparagus, frozen and thawed spinach leaves, zucchini or tomatoes.
- It’s super fluffy and packed full of tasty vegetables!
- It’s meatless, so your vegetarian friends will thank you!
We love to serve this vegetable quiche with a side of fruit such as grapes, orange slices and strawberries. It’s the perfect breakfast and/or brunch.
Common questions about quiche
- Can this be made ahead?
- Yes, you can fully bake this quiche the night before and slice when ready to serve and reheat in the microwave.
- Can I make my own pastry crust?
- Absolutely! If you have a favorite recipe for crust, feel free to use it here. I took the shortcut route with a store-bought pie crust.
- Use any type of cheese you have on hand. I like the sharpness of the cheddar and the melty quality of Swiss cheese. However, you can use feta cheese, parmesan cheese and/or gouda cheese would be great.
- If you can’t find leeks, feel free to use chopped onions and sauté with the mushrooms.
- Use any type of dairy milk you’d like. I prefer whole milk in this quiche to make it extra creamy, but you can use 2% or even Nonfat milk.
Maybe he’d like this vegetable quiche and some cookies this holiday season!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!