These chicken tikka masala meatballs come together quickly in one pan for an easy and simple takeout dinner at home!
The first time I tried chicken tikka masala was just a few short weeks ago.
My first thought was how aromatic it was and then how silky smooth, flavorful and delicious it was.
These chicken tikka masala meatballs remind of the takeout we had that night but this homemade recipe takes less than 40 minutes thanks to Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce.
This Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce is all you need to jump start a great meal. It makes for a quick and easy meal solution any night of the week!
It’s All-Natural (with no preservatives) restaurant quality and Authentic (Made in Thailand with 100% Thai ingredients)
I also really love it because it’s milder and creamier than traditional Indian curry and it’s something I know my kids can enjoy without it being spicy.
If you like spicier, feel free to add in some red pepper flakes or some cayenne pepper to your desired heat.
I purchased Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce at my local Jewel-Osco but you can also find the product at The Fresh Market, Stop & Shop, World Market, Giant Eagle Market District, Gelson’s, Harmon’s and select Walmart, Albertsons, Safeway, and Giant Foods. Also available online at Kroger and Amazon.
- ground chicken
- tomato paste
- Garam Masala*
- Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce
- red bell pepper slices
- can of diced tomatoes
*Garam Masala is an aromatic spice blend that’s a touch sweet, earthy, nutty and a touch spicy. It’s quick and easy to make at home with just a few pantry staples. Combine these spices:
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
how are chicken tikka masala meatballs made
- Start by placing your ground chicken into a bowl.
- Next, add in breadcrumbs, egg, tomato pasta, garam masala and chopped cilantro. Combine, carefully as to not over mix. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop meatballs and place them onto a sheet pan.
- Into a large skillet, add Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine Yellow Curry Sauce, water (according to package directions), red pepper slices and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low, add in meatballs.
- Cook on one side for 12 minutes, flip and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
We served the meatballs over Jasmine rice that I cooked with a bay leaf and Naan bread for dipping in the sauce.