Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes are deliciously moist, packed with pineapple and carrots, topped with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut making them the perfect way to celebrate Spring!
If you love Carrot Cake, check out these Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies!
Nothing makes me happier than sun shining through my windows! I feel much better than I did the last week. If you need a refresher, you can check out this post.
The hub is still out-of-town so I’m still doing the single parent thing. (Props to all you single parents out there) I’m doing the drop offs, picks up, parent teacher conferences, hair cuts all while trying to manage the house and my jobs. Phew! Is it 5 o’clock on Friday yet? This mama needs a margarita! And my husband had the audacity to send me a picture of the food truck alley right outside his hotel. THEN, texted me a picture of his street tacos! ? The nerve! ? That’s ok. I bet they weren’t better than the ground beef and Taco Bell seasoning ones I made last night ?
I’m heading out to go Easter basket shopping for the kids on Thursday and I’m very much so looking forward to it. I love to shop around the stores picking out things I know they will love! Then to hear them yell, “How did the Easter bunny know I wanted this!” is priceless. I hope they’ll always believe.
The glorious weather has also got me into the baking mood. I’m not sure why because, ahem, swimsuit season is right around the corner but nonetheless, I had to make these Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I made them last year, shot the photos, hated them, ate all the cupcakes and forgot about them. Until I saw the Cadbury mini eggs in the store, which are my weakness.
I won’t tell you how many bags I’ve already
devoured purchased this year. The very last egg went onto these cupcakes and I’m not buying another bag i.e. swimsuit season.
These Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes turned out cuter than I thought they would. Not only are they amazingly delicious, they’re festive for Spring and Easter too. The cupcakes are topped with a cream cheese frosting, toasted coconut and mini chocolate eggs. You could also decorate the top with chopped walnuts.
After saving a few, I packed all the rest of them up to take into the Moose Lodge tonight. I have to tell you, I highly recommend this cupcake carrier (aff link) It’s a life saver. Cupcakes don’t move, fall over and it’s a breeze to clean. Super handy if you bake and take cupcakes often.
Also, I must recommend Sweets & Treats Boutique for their cupcake liners (not sponsored). They have grease-proof liners in a variety of styles, colors and patterns. There’s nothing worse than bringing cupcakes somewhere and the bottom is all greasy and gross. You’ll love these, promise!
My daughter had a blast helping me make and decorate these cupcakes. She also enjoyed eating them too. These Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes would be a perfect addition to your Easter brunch table.
Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Yield 22 cupcakes
Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes are deliciously moist and the perfect way to celebrate Spring!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained*
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8oz) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup Baker's Angel Flake Coconut*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 22 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour through salt.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cream cheese. Once mixed, stir in egg yolk and pinch of salt. Stir in drained pineapple. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir together sugar, eggs, carrots, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon 1.5 tablespoons into the bottom of a muffin cup. Drop 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Spoon remaining batter over filling in cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes and move to wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place cream cheese and butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla.
- 1 cup at a time, add in powdered sugar. Add in milk, up to 2 tablespoons, until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost each cupcake and top with toasted coconut and mini eggs, if desired.
*Toast coconut in a dry skillet, stirring often, until slightly browned.
Slightly Adapted from Pineapple-Carrot Cupcakes
Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes are delightfully moist, fluffy and packed with so much flavor. The velvety cream cheese frosting is just the icing on the cake, literally, and the crunchy toasted coconut is the perfect finishing touch. A yummy cupcake to add to your Spring or Easter festivities!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!