These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are simply magical. From the buttery crust, the silky cheesecake and the caramel sauce topping, it’s hard to choose a favorite layer!
If you’re a fan of caramel apple, try this Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
The second the caramel apples hit the stores, I’m immediately excited for all things Fall.
Apple picking, corn mazes and picking pumpkins are on my short list.
We are huge apple pins. My daughter and I personally love to just eat apples as is but my husband and son, they love their in baked good.
Apple pie is my husband favorite dessert but if it were up to me, I’d rather have cheesecake.
How do you marry the two so the married couple doesn’t squabble? Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars that’s how.
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars are the best of both Worlds. They have a delicious brown sugar, oat crust, topped with thinly sliced apples and spices, then a cheesecake layer, followed by apple butter and a crumble topping. Whew, they’re a mouthful indeed.
I will admit, I adapted this recipe from a magazine and the second I saw the picture I knew I had to immediately make them for the family.
After each of us having a few bars, I insisted my husband take them to work with him, otherwise, the pan would be gone.
I used Imperial Brown sugar and white sugar for these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars because they’re another wonderful sponsor of ours.
And can I just ask? Have I been living under a rock never having seen a resealable brown sugar bag?! Game changer. Imperial you’re genius.
Each layer of these bars is more delicious than the next. The crust is tender, yet chewy. The apples are tender and bursting with aromatics spice, the cheese is silky smooth, the apple butter is creamy and the crumble top is just a must.
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are a mashup of an apple pie and a cheesecake all in one delicious bar!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Yield 18 servings
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are simply magical. From the buttery crust, the silky cheesecake and the caramel sauce topping, it's hard to choose a favorite layer!
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, melted
- 6 cups apples, thinly sliced (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups apple butter
- Prepared caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 x 9" pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, oats, pecans, baking powder and salt. Pour in melted butter and stir until pea sized crumbs form. Reserve 2 cups of oat mixture. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake until golden brown about 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Place thinly sliced apples, 1 tablespoon of flour, apple pie spice, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer or a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time. Beat until just combined.
- Top cooled crust with apple mixture and gently pour cream cheese mixture on top.
- Dollop top of cream cheese with apple butter and using a toothpick, gently, swirl to combine.
- Top with reserved crumble mixture and bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes until cheesecake layer is just set. Cool completely for 8 hours.*
- When bars are completely cooled, remove from pan, cut into bars and top with prepared caramel sauce.
*I wanted these bars to cool quickly, so I placed them into the freezer for 3 hours and they came out perfectly.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of South, Caramel Apple Bars
Serving Size 18 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 72 mg
Sodium 181 mg
Total Carbohydrates 61 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 35 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
If there is one thing you make this fall, pretty please make it these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.
Also, don’t forget to check out the other #Appleweek posts from me,
and on each post towards the bottom if a list of other delicious recipes from my blogger friends.
Also, have you guys entered the giveaway yet? If not, what are you waiting for? It’s chocked full of AMAZING prizes from our amazing sponsors!
This week was sponsored by some AMAZING companies and now is your chance to win some of their fabulous prizes. Be sure to scroll down and read all about them and enter the giveaway below!
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally creamy, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
Each day this week myself and all my bloggers friends will be showcasing Apple recipes. Be sure to check them out each day!
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Jam Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Cheddar Chicken Tacos with Apple Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Quick Oats with Apples, Walnuts and Honey by 4 Sons R Us
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline’s Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.