These Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Butter are sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors, Swiss Diamond, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, Nordic Ware, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Nairn’s and The Spice House have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
These Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Butter are super moist and bursting with chunks of Envy apples, cinnamon chips and flavor! Paired with maple butter and you’ve got yourself a tasty Fall treat!
If you love apples, you’ve got to try these Slow Cooker Butterfinger® Stuffed Apples
Fall is here and so is Apple Week. Get excited as I’ve partnered up with 40 of my blogger friends and some amazing sponsors to bring you over 200 recipes this week.
So if you love apples, you’re in the right place.
First up, these Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Butter.
For years I was so nervous to make scones because the only scones I had ever had were dry and not appetizing at all. However, I am here to tell you super moist and delicious scones are super easy to make.
These Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Butter are nothing short of fabulous! they’re bursting with chunks of delicious Envy Apples and cinnamon chips. Spread on some maple butter and you have the epitome of Fall in one yummy scone.
I used Envy Apples for these apple cinnamon scones because they were gracious to send all of us #appleweek bloggers a case of them. And I am so glad they did.
We love apples and these Envy apples have climbed to the top of our favorite list of apples. They’re crisp, delicious and sweet.
Taken from the Envy website, “Envy was born using natural plant-breeding methods, crossing Braeburn with Royal Gala apples, to take full advantage of New Zealand’s ideal growing conditions. The result is pure bliss.”
And bliss they truly are.
Make sure you enter the giveaway below because Envy is going to be giving away a gift card AND will send a lucky person they’re amazing apples.
I sprinkled the scones with maple sugar from The Spice House. While I was perusing their website I stumbled upon it and had to own it. It’s ever bit of delicious as it sounds.
Tender, moist and bursting with apple cinnamon flavor, these Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Butter will become your new favorite Fall treat!
Graveyard Skillet Brownies
Yield 6 servings
Rich and decadent skillet brownies get topped with chocolate skeletons, gummy zombie hands and "dirt" to make spooky and delicious Halloween Graveyard Brownies!
- 6 ounces Wilton chocolate candy melts, I used white
- Wilton Skeleton Bones Mold
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Treat Street Gummy Zombie Hands
- Chocolate Skeleton bones
- Melt candy melts in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, until melted.
- Pour over candy mold, making sure to completely fill the cavities. Scrap excess chocolate off with a knife and place into freezer for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into a medium bowl, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and butter, in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, until melted. Stir in cocoa powder. Allow to cool.
- Into another medium bowl stir together eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. When the chocolate mixture is cool, pour into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Into a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the chocolate mixture Pour in remaining chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Place into a 9" cast iron skillet and bake 25 minutes. Allow to cool and top with crushed cookies, zombie hands and chocolate skeleton bones.
Adapted from Skillet Brownies
Serving Size 36 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22 g
Sugars 19 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you enjoyed the first recipe of Apple Week from the blog. Stay tuned all week because I will have a new apple recipe each day. Sweet, savory, pizza and a one pan dish are coming at you! Stay tuned.
In the meantime, I highly recommend you make these apple cinnamon scones with maple butter and celebrate the season!
If you missed any of the apple recipe from this week on the blog, check them out below:
This week was sponsored by some AMAZING companies and now is your chance to win some of their fabulous prizes. Be sure to scroll down and read all about them and enter the giveaway below!
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally creamy, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
Each day this week myself and all my bloggers friends will be showcasing Apple recipes. Be sure to check them out each day!
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.