Aromatic spices combine with almonds to create a delicious Apple Chai Almond Butter that’s perfectly spreadable on anything from apples to bread and everything in between!
I cannot even believe tomorrow is the first of October and I’m posting my first Halloween recipe of the holiday season.
We went apple picking this weekend and a peck later, we’ll eating apples for every meal.
My kids favorite way to eat apples is sliced with peanut butter. I mean who doesn’t right? Well how about with your own homemade nut butter such as this Apple Chai Almond Butter.
Double the apple flavor and fragrant spices such as cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and you’ve got a winning combination even my kids can’t keep their hands out of.
One of the things I make weekly in the house is a variety of nut butters. We are really into nut butters these days that contain no added sugar and are the purest of spreads.
While these are commercially available at many grocery stores, it’s so much more fun to make your own and experiment in your own kitchen.
My husband is a huge fan of peanut butter so we simply roast some peanuts, add them to our Vitamix and blend. If we want to add a little bit of sweetness, honey is all we need.
With the Fall weather approaching, I wanted to try an aromatic nut butter to go with my morning coffee.
This Apple Chai Almond Butter is the perfect blend of warm, Fall spices and pairs perfectly with the almonds and dried apples.
Tips when making nut butter
- Patience- I can’t stress this one enough. It can take a little while for the nuts to completely break down into a smooth paste. Just when you think you’re about to give up, it becomes creamy and dreamy and you’re so happy you didn’t throw in the towel.
- Roast your nuts- Roasting your nuts brings out the oils and richness of the nuts. It brings them to another level of nuttiness which is perfect for this Apple Chai Almond Butter.
- Go Nuts, literally- Not a fan of almonds? No problem. Try walnuts, cashews or pistachios and create your own nut butter to your personal preference
- Try fruits, spices and herbs- I’m going to try some dried strawberries and make a strawberry nut butter. I will also be making a Christmas spice nut butter with rosemary, to hand out as presents, and I’ll be sure to share the recipe.
- Storing- Homemade nut butters should be refrigerated in an air tight container. Nuts can quickly go rancid and you’d hate all your hard work to go straight into the trash.
This Apple Chai Almond Butter is fantastic with sliced apples which makes for a delicious, dippable healthier snack.
Apple Chai Almond Butter
Yield 32 servings (1 Tbsp.)
Aromatic spices combine with almonds to create a delicious Apple Chai Almond Butter that's perfectly spreadable on anything from apples to bread and everything in between!
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
Apple Chai Almond Butter
- 3 cups almonds, toasted*
- 1.5 ounces dried apples
- 1 teaspoon chai spice, recipe below
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey, if desired
- Whisk all ingredients together and store in a spice jar. You will have extra. Sprinkle into tea, in your oatmeal or stir into muffin batter.
Apple Chai Almond Butter
- Place almonds into blender and place on the lid. Turn speed up to 10 and allow nuts to turn from flour to a paste. If the blender seems to be at a stand still, use tamper to push nuts down and get things moving again.
- As soon as the butter is almost smooth, add in dried apples, chai spice, salt and honey if desired.
- Continue to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
*toast almonds in the oven at 350 degrees F and roast for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding to blender.
Serving Size 16 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Speaking of the holidays, a Vitamix E310 Explorian Series Blender would be a fantastic gift. A Vitamix is a versatile tool for everyone to have in their kitchen.
They’re perfect for everything from DIY flours, soups, chopping veggies, nuts butter and and the personal cup adapter is perfect for quick smoothies on the go.
You can head on over to Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table, Target, and Amazon or check out this link here to find out where you can pick up the Personal Cup Adapter which is awesome for the “on the go” person in your life.
Save 15% on the Personal Cup Adapter with the purchase of a ClassicSeries Vitamix blender by using the promo code MMVITA2018. Offer ends December 31, 2018.
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
I received this product for free from MomsMeet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided
and this page may contain affiliate links.