These Tips for a fun, healthy beach vacation are sponsored by Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Heading to the beach? Check out these tips for a fun, healthy beach vacation including our favorite food, drinks and entertainment to bring along.
We just returned home from a week at the beach and I’m already dying to go back. My heart belongs to the water and sand and this Midwest living is really killing my vibe. Not to mention the 3 inches of snow on the ground in April! Ack!
I love vacations but who doesn’t?! I love to pack, dream about all of the things we are going to do, buy and see while on vacation. I’m guilty of hitting Google and scouring the internet for what to bring, what to pack and where to eat. I thought I’d round up a few fips for a fun, healthy beach vacation that I’ve come up with on my own.
I work my butt off on my fitness goals so that I can feel good about myself in a bathing suit. (If you’ve been reading my blog for any time at all, you know that I while I post decadent recipes, I also love to keep my health first and foremost. Check out my post on how I lost 70 lbs and maintain the loss.)
So while beach time is “me time” I reach for adult beverages that aren’t going to leave me bloated, weighed down or regretting my sugary decisions later.
Which leads me to Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold. It’s light (85 CALORIES), refreshing, triple filtered and brewed pure with organic grains from the country’s finest fields.
Our Spring break trip was a spur of the moment thing this year. My husband called me while we were at work and said, “Let’s go somewhere for Spring break.” Before bed, our vacation to Destin, Florida was already booked and we were leaving in 10 days.
I’ve been to Destin before, with my family, and absolutely fell in love. The white sandy beaches and the crystal clear water make my heart go pitter patter. Therefore, I was super excited to be going with my own family on a wonderful beach vacation.
After we drove 13 hours and got all settled in, it was time to hit the grocery store for essentials; milk, pools toys and alcoholic beverages.
I’ll preface this by saying, my husband and I are already huge fans of Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold. We’re big into fitness and watching what we eat and Michelob fits perfectly into our healthy lifestyles.
So, when I saw Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold sitting in the cooler at the store, I immediately threw in a 6 pack. It’s made with organic grains and with sustainable packaging in partnership with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. It’s inspired by nature and best enjoyed in nature (ahem, the beach)
Luckily, I wouldn’t have to wait too long before enjoying a cold one on the beach.
Here’s a list of tips for a fun, healthy beach vacation
- Sunscreen– lots of it. I always put 50 SPF on myself and the kids. As the week progresses I will put 30 SPF on myself but there is no sense in burning the first few days you are on vacation and ruining said vacation. Don’t forget your feet. I may or may not have forgotten that part on this vacation (ouch!)
- Food– Pack portable snacks. We love to bring crackers, chips, trail mix , granola bars and fruit snacks in our beach bag.
- Cooler– Pack a cooler filled with fruits, veggies, cheese sticks and lots of WATER. I love to jazz up my water with fruit so I recently purchased this water bottle with fruit infuser. Since you’ll be at the beach for a few hours, it’s great to pack some snacks and water to keep hydrated. Don’t forget the Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold for the adults!
- Beach chair/tent- We have these beach chairs with canopy on the top. So when we’ve had a little bit too much sun, we can put the shade up to give ourselves a break. I also love this beach tent so that when my kids need a little reprieve from the sun, they can still be on the beach, in the shade.
- Mesh bag– I love to throw all of our sand items into a mesh bag. That way all the sand can fall through the hole sand I have less sand in my car.
- A clean towel- When you’re on a beach, there is sand everywhere. then you’re searching for a place to whip your hands and eyes and you’ve got nowhere to turn. That’s why I pack a separate towel and keep it in the side pocket that is only used to brush off certain areas when needed.
- Entertainment- I love to bring magazines to enjoy, but I also pack sand toys, shovels and buckets so we can build sand castles. I also pack a velcro ball game so we can play catch. I love to have a little time for relaxation and also a little exercise too.
What do you pack when you’re headed to the beach? What do you think about these tips for a fun and healthy beach vacation?
Our first day was filled with building sand castles, burying one another, putting jelly fish back into the Gulf and playing a game of catch.
I am aware glass is frowned upon on the beach, but I couldn’t resist taking some photos in their original state and showing you how truly beautiful Destin is. We promptly poured our beer into “the red cups” and got our relaxation on.
It was declared “the best family vacation ever!” so I can see us returning to Destin very soon.
Next time you head out to the store, check out Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold. It’s the beer that gives you the permission to make healthier choices, while still ending off the day with an ice-cold beer that you can feel great about drinking.
We couldn’t resist a cheers to our awesome, last-minute vacation decision.
What are your tips for a fun and healthy beach vacation? What do you always pack?
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!