If you’ve got 30 minutes, then you’ve got a fabulous Steakhouse Dinner for Two all prepared at home, for you and a loved one!
Keep the night moving along and serve these No Bake Peanut Butter Dirt Cups for dessert!
Valentine’s day is exactly one week from today!
Do you have plans?
Before my husband and I had kids, we would go out every Valentine’s day. We’d call for reservations months in advance and anticipate the dinner for weeks to come.
Now that we have two children, we are more than happy to stay at home, order pizza and have a movie night in.
Or sometimes, after the kids go to bed, we’ll prepare dinner with each other and enjoy our steaks like we use to, in peace and quiet.
That’s why this Steakhouse Dinner for Two recipe from April Anderson of Girl Gone Gourmet is perfect for you and your significant other.
Skip the reservations and have a Valentine’s date night in this year.
I met April years ago through a foodie Facebook group and I reached out to her because she lives in Wyoming, as does my family.
She recently came out with her cookbook, Gourmet Cooking for One or Two and graciously sent me a copy.
Inside the pages are meals that can be made for 1 or 2 servings.
We love the Black Bean Skillet Nachos, Chicken Gyro Salad and Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Cranberry Turkey Grilled Cheese, to name a few.
BUT, the deliciousness does not stop there. There are 75 recipes in the book!
Whether I’m cooking for myself and my husband, or for all 4 of us, the recipes are easily doubled.
Like I did here with her Steak House Dinner. It serves one but I easily doubled it so it’s the perfect meal for Valentine’s day.
Gourmet Cooking for One or Two would also make the PERFECT Valentine’s day gift. It’s great for college kids, singles and anyone who loves big flavor in smaller portions.
Let’s get to this Steakhouse Dinner for Two, shall we?!
Steakhouse Dinner for Two is ready in under 30 minutes, including prep!
Yes, you can get a steakhouse quality meal at home, thanks to April and her amazing recipe!
The Steakhouse Dinner for Two includes filet mignon, roasted rosemary potatoes and creamed spinach.
And WOW does it deliver on flavor!
Skip the reservations this year and make this Steakhouse Dinner for Two. You’re sweetie will thank you!
Steakhouse Dinner for Two
Yield 2 servings
If you've got 30 minutes, then you've got a fabulous Steakhouse Dinner for Two all prepared at home, for you and a loved one!
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 2 (6oz russet potatoes) cut into 1" pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 (6oz) filet mignon steaks, seasoned with kosher salt on both sides*
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled and divided
*I purchased bacon wrapped filets.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Toss potatoes into a medium sized bowl with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper until they are evenly coated. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes out in an even later. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- After the potatoes have been roasted for 10 minutes, prepare the steaks. In a 10 inch non stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Place the steaks into the pan and sear on each side for 6 minutes. Turn the steak and sear the sides for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add butter to the pan and, once it melts, carefully tilt the pan and spoon melted butter over the top of each steaks repeatedly for about 1 minute. Transfer steaks to a place and wrapped with foil to keep warm.
- While the steaks rest, make the creamed spinach. Into a medium side pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts and cooks down. Add flour and stir to evenly coat. Adjust the heat to medium low and add heavy cream, salt and pepper ,to the pan, and stir to combine. Simmer the cream until it thickens, about 1 minutes. Add half of the crumbled blue cheese and stir to combine. Cover and turn off the heat.
Sliced the steak against the grain into 1/2 inch pieces. With with rosemary roasted potatoes and creamed spinach, sprinkling the remaining cheese over the top.
*Recipe reprinted with permission from author, April Anderson of Girl Gone Gourmet
Cooks Tip: Leave your steaks to sit out at room temperature 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Wine Pairing Suggestion: Pair this Steakhouse Dinner for Two with a Pinot Noir or a strong Chardonnay.
While you’re at it, follow April’s food blog, Girl Gone Gourmet. She has amazingly delicious recipes!
If you need last minute ideas, here is a Valentine’s Day Gift Guide and if you have Amazon Prime, you will receive them by Valentine’s Day!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!