This post is sponsored by Simply Potatoes® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
An awesome twist on a classic, this Pizza Shepherd’s Pie combines sausage, pepperoni, cheese and hash brown potatoes to give you a hearty casserole worth devouring.
If you love pizza, try this Supreme Pizza Dip or Pizza Wafflewiches!
It’s officially cold here in the Midwest and the only thing on my mind is bundling up to survive this winter. Besides coats, hats and scarves I like to warm my belly with delicious foods such as soups, casseroles and hearty comfort food.
This Pizza Shepherd’s Pie is satisfying, delicious and tastes just like a delicious pizza and it’s topped with Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb hash brown potatoes. I know, SO GOOD!
I’ve made a few variety of pizza casseroles over the years but it dawned on me that I could turn one into a Pizza Shepherd’s Pie and I hit the grocery store running.
I mean it seems a little odd to add potatoes to pizza but trust me, it works and it works SO WELL.
My family loves meat on their pizza. While I don’t mind it, I’m more of a butternut squash, kale, pancetta pizza person myself.
So I packed this Pizza Shepherd’s Pie with sausage, pepperoni and a lot of cheese. Then I topped the entire casserole with Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb hash brown potatoes and then piled on more cheese, because duh.
My family absolutely loved this. My husband loved it so much, he’s taken it for leftovers twice this week and if you know my husband you know he doesn’t do leftovers so this is a big deal.
If you’re looking for comfort food and twisting up a good ole casserole, try this Pizza Shepherd’s Pie tonight for your family. It’ll soon become a staple in the rotation.
Visit the Simply Potatoes page and let me know which Simply Potatoes recipe you are most interested in trying by leaving a comment on this blog post! Each comment will be entered into a drawing to win 3 free product coupons from Simply Potatoes!
Pizza Shepherd's Pie
Yield 8 servings
An awesome twist on a classic, this Pizza Shepherd's Pie combines sausage, pepperoni, cheese and hash brown potatoes to give you a hearty casserole worth devouring.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese, divided
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Garlic & Herb Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown turkey and sausage together. Add in pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pizza sauce and 1/4 cup cheese. Pour mixture into a 3 quart dish and top with Simply Potatoes Garlic & Herb Hash Browns. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to low broil and broil to crisp the potatoes slightly for 5 minutes keeping a close watch not to burn.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and pepperoni. Place under the broiler until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Serving Size 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 531 mg
Total Carbohydrates 21 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 22 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
Amanda Willette says
I want to try making the cheesy hashbrowns !!