Dinner in 15 minutes with this One Pot Chicken Sausage Caprese Pasta that’s packed full of Italian chicken sausage, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil.
Love One Pan Meals? Check out our cookbook Incredible One Pot Cooking for 60 all new recipes you can’t find on the blog!
I just love a one pot pasta meal, don’t you?
Pasta is one of our family’s favorite meals and one they come running to the table for.
I made this super quick and easy, One Pot Chicken Sausage Caprese Pasta and served it with a side salad and garlic bread. The family devoured it.
It’s also great for leftovers…if there’s any left!
ONE POT MEAL
There is nothing better than being able to cook an entire dish in one pot or one pan. This entire meal is cooked all in one pan so not only will you love this pasta dish, you’ll love the zero cleanup time too!
Yes, the pasta cooks right along with everything else and comes out tasty and to pasta perfection!
Our family loves al fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage. It’s packed full of red and green bell peppers, herbs and spices. It’s healthy too!
al fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage is fully cooked, making it easy to quickly heat up on stove top, grill, or in the microwave.
It would also be great on pizza, sliced up as an appetizer or placed into a bun.
Ingredients- What You Need
- olive oil
- San Marzono tomatoes, do not drain.
- chicken broth
- al fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage
- Italian seasoning
- penne pasta
- fresh mozzarella pearls
- fresh basil leaves
How to One Pot Chicken Sausage Caprese Pasta- Step by Step
- Into a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. Next, add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add in can of tomatoes and break up. Stir in chicken stock, chicken sausage, Italian seasoning and penne pasta.
- Turn heat up to medium high, place on a lid and boil for 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is done cooking, stir in 6 ounces of mozzarella pearls.
- Top pasta with additional mozzarella pearls and torn basil leaves.
How to Adapt this Recipe and Variations
- Feel free to swap the penne pasta for spaghetti, rigatoni, ziti or macaroni noodles. Any pasta you have on hand will work.
- Chicken stock can be substituted for vegetable stock.
- If you don’t have, or cannot find San Marzano tomatoes, any can of tomatoes will work. Do not drain the tomatoes.
- Al fresco also sells a “Taco Night” chicken sausage which would be a great variation on this one pot chicken sausage pasta.
- Swap the “Pasta Night” sausage for “Taco Night.” Add in 2 cans of tomatoes with diced green chiles and a can of black beans and/or corn. Add cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro to the top before serving.
- If the pasta isn’t done after 10 minutes, cook an additional 1-2 minutes and check again. You want it to be a little more than “al dente”
- Too much cooking could result in a mushy pasta
How do you plan on using al fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage?