This Mexican Street Corn Queso recipe is sponsored by Ricos. All thoughts and opinions are mine alone. #RicosCheesePlease
Try these Braised Beef Nacho Burritos for a delicious meal!
This Mexican Street Corn Queso is everything you’ve wanted in a queso dip. Creamy, cheesy and bursting with delicious corn flavor!
When you love something, you never let it go.
Like the first time I tried Mexican Street Corn. 4 recipes on my blog later and I’m still signing it’s praises.
The same can be said for Ricos Gourmet Nacho Cheese sauce.
I discovered Ricos when I was making these Braised Beef Nacho Burritos and we’ve never turned back.
Nachos, fries, tacos, burgers, you name it, and we’re putting Ricos on it.
That’s why it’s the perfect addition to this unique queso with the addition of Mexican street corn and my own little twist.
We are huge dip fans in this family. If there’s a get together, holiday or sporting event, I’m bringing/making a dip.
We also love cheese, so making a quick queso, is usually our go to.
Last weekend, we were having family over to watch the football game so I was trying to think of a unique dip I could make that everyone would enjoy.
then I thought of Mexican street corn and mixing the two together.
My version of Mexican Street corn is different from a traditional street corn you might find of the streets of Mexico or my Mexican street corn salad, but it’s SO good.
It starts out the same but then I added bacon.
The combination of charred corn, jalapeno, Ricos gourmet cheese sauce, hot sauce and bacon is perfection.
This Mexican Street Corn Queso also comes together in less than 15 minutes. So if guests drop by, you can have this made in a snap!
This Mexican Street Corn Queso is cheesy, creamy and utterly scrumptious!
Mexican Street Corn Queso
Yield 12 servings
This Mexican Street Corn Queso is everything you've wanted in a queso dip. Creamy, cheesy and bursting with delicious corn flavor!
- 1 (16oz bag) frozen corn
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15oz cans) Ricos Gourmet Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, (add more or less to taste)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces queso fresco cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized cast iron skillet. Place corn into skillet and let sit so that the corn gets charred. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in pan. Add in jalapeno, bell pepper and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in charred corn, chili powder and salt.
- Add in Ricos cheese sauce and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and top dip with cheddar cheese. Pop under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish the top of the dip with queso fresco and cilantro*
*I reserved some charred corn, jalapeno and red bell pepper to garnish the top of the dip.
You’ve got to try this Mexican Street Corn Queso and have yourself a fiesta!
Cooks Tip: For the stringiest cheese, purchase blocks of cheese and grate your own. It’s creamier and cheesier than pre-shredded.
If you like Mexican street corn be sure to check out these recipes
still hungry for more?
follow me on facebook, pinterest and instagram for more deliciousness!
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!
[…] Mexican Street Corn Queso […]
[…] Mexican Street Corn Queso By Strawberry Blondie Kitchen […]
[…] Recipe & Images submitted by Strawberry Blond Kitchen Blogger Megan […]