This post on How to keep your dog Happy and Healthy is sponsored by Milk-Bone, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Here are some tips and trick on how to keep your dog Happy and Healthy with Milk-Bone’s Advanced Care line of products.
Check out these Homemade DIY Peanut Butter Bacon Banana Dog Treats.
Most people know that when you adopt a dog or bring any type of pet into your home, there is a great responsibility that comes along with that pet.
I always say a puppy is just like having a newborn. You’ll be up all night taking them on potty breaks. Just like when you’ll be up all night feeding and changing a newborn. They’re practically one in the same thing.
You take your dog outside, as soon as the snow melts, so that they can run around, get a breath of fresh air and to just enjoy the outdoors. Same goes when you have a baby.
Hence why having a dog is like having a newborn.
This isn’t the first time I’ve talked about my furry friend on the blog. Dudley is my four-legged BFF. We adopted him 7 years ago and we couldn’t imagine life without him.
I’ve only had 1 other dog before Dudley but I’ve been a pet over for 13 years. Through these years I have learned some tips and tricks so I thought I would share them with you today.
How to keep your dog Happy and Healthy
- Exercise- Now I live in Illinois so I know how it can be in the winter months, brutal. So I make sure that we keep lots of toys and entertainment inside the house to keep the dog, and ourselves, from going stir crazy. Dudley is super active and loves the game of catch probably more than he loves me (and he loves me a whole lot) I’m seriously thinking about getting him this automatic ball launcher for the summer. Not because I’m lazy, just because I think he’ll love it. We purchased this Milk-Bone Active Biscuit Dispensing Ball so that he can chase the ball around the house and is rewarded when he can figure out how to get the treat out of the middle. It’s a riot.
- Check ups- Your dog needs regular checkups just like we do and yes, they do get sick. I know when Dudley isn’t feeling right because he isn’t the same, happy-go-lucky dog I’m use to seeing daily. We hop in the car and it’s off to the vets office.
- Vitamins- We give Dudley Milk-Bone Good Morning Daily Vitamin Treats. They help support his immune system, his cardiovascular healthy and his overall well-being. He loves them and has no idea the power of health that is within them.
- Grooming- Again, we live in the cold, so I only get Dudley groomed a few times a year because I like when his hair is a little more shaggy to keep him warm when he has to go outside. During these grooming sessions, he gets a total makeover. Hair, eyes, bottom, toes, everything is clean and he comes home smelling the best he ever does.
- Dental- When he goes to the groomer, they do take care of his teeth and so does the vet but again, he only goes to each a few times a year. Therefore, I like to stock up on Milk-Bone brushing chews. They help freshen his breath just like regular brushing. They can get the hard to reach teeth all the way in the back and help fight the tartar buildup that can cause bad breath.
What tips and tricks do you have to keep your dog in tip-top shape?
Now through April 28th, you can save $1 on Milk-Bone Advanced Care product with Meijer MPerks. That’s up to $3 savings on pet care that can keep your dog healthy.
still hungry for more?
Subscribe!sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!