Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce is made in the slow cooker and is the perfect holiday gift for all your friends and family this holiday season who have a strong love of coffee and chocolate!
Tis the season to be jolly (and celebrate new emojis like this lady—>🤶)
I just love this season. From the twinkling of the lights, the baking of the cookies and the gift giving, what is there not to love?
The kids and I love to make homemade gifts for friends and family. It’s a great time for us to get into the kitchen, get creative and share our love of food.
It’s also the season where you can enjoy peppermint and chocolate until your heart’s content and let me tell you, I’ve already had my fair share starting with this Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce.
I don’t know about you guys but I love coffee. I’ve told you a million times before so if you’re new here, caffeine runs through my veins. I live, eat and breathe coffee and I blame it on being a former barista.
I’m not complaining though because coffee is not only delicious for drinking, its delicious for baking.
Have you ever made a chocolate cake and added coffee or espresso? Do it. It brings out a richer tasting chocolate without having the taste of coffee, in case you aren’t like me and have an affinity for it.
When the holidays roll around and the pumpkin spice is long gone, peppermint mochas fill our World in the most decorative of coffee cups. Bliss.
Do you know what else is bliss? This espresso hot fudge sauce. I’m talking I went in with spoonful after spoonful until my belly hurt. It’s smooth, creamy and the chocolate and espresso are truly a match made in dessert sauce Heaven.
I drizzled the espresso hot fudge sauce on some vanilla bean ice cream and sprinkled crushed peppermint candies on top. It’s the perfect dessert to cozy up to a warm fire (or a dvd of a cracklin’ fire) and binge watch some Hallmark movies with a good friend (ahem, Mel 😉😘)
Besides my love of coffee and chocolate, I love my slow cooker. For this espresso hot fudge sauce, it does all the work for you. Just place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it on low for a few hours and in no time, you’ve got luscious hot fudge sauce ready for gifting.
I will be gifting all of my friends with espresso hot fudge sauce this year, because like me, they love coffee + chocolate. You could add this sauce to brownies, hot chocolate or drizzle it over a cake. Either way you pour it, this stuff is legit.
Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce
Yield 160 servings
Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce is made in the slow cooker and it's the perfect holiday gift for all your friends and family this holiday season who have a strong love of coffee and chocolate! | Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 20 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, diced up
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons espresso or strong coffee
- Place chocolate chips, sugar, milk, butter, salt and espresso powder into your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 1.5 hours. Remove lid and stir with a whisk. Place lid back on and continue cooking for 1.5 hours.
- Stir in espresso and allow to cool.
- When cool, place into jars, seal and label. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*Makes 6- half pints
*Nutritional data is for 1 tablespoon
Serving Size 160 servings
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 6 g
Sugars 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For gifts this year, I am coupling the espresso hot fudge sauce with crushed peppermint candies. Pair the sauce with your favorite ice cream topper such as mini marshmallows, caramel bits or candy bars. Again, whatever you chose, you can’t go wrong gifting this espresso hot fudge sauce.
I also made you some printable labels so you can make your own espresso hot fudge sauce this year to pass out. Just click the photo below to download.
I teamed up with some of my blog friends to bring to you a collection of Food Gifts for the Holidays. Be sure to check them out so you can fill the hearts of all your friends, family and neighbors with delicious homemade gifts this year!
- Chocolate Mixed Nut Clusters by Family Around The Table
- Mama T’s Garlic-Parmesan Seasoning Mix by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Holiday Stir Sticks by The Freshman Cook
- Reindeer Crunch by Palatable Pastime
- Peppermint Bark Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Taco Spice Mix by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Churro Chex Mix by Books n’ Cooks
- Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Old Fashioned Divinity by House of Nash Eats
- Rosemary Parmesan Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Infused Olive Oils by Bear & Bug Eats
- Brownie Mix by Making the Most of Naptime
- Mulled Cider Spice Mix by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods by Making Miracles
- White Chocolate Cranberry-Orange Bark by The Redhead Baker
- Orange Cranberry Walnut Loaf by Red Cottage Chronicles
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
Subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!