Super moist banana bread is ribboned with brown sugar cream cheese and aromatic spices making this Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread one outstanding quick bread. It’s sure to be the last Banana bread recipe you’ll ever need!
It’s Monday…again. This weekend flew by. Luckily, it was well spent. My dad is in town and I gave him a heap of “to-dos” around my house. In addition to fixing the screens, hanging shelves and curtains he also helped me make some AWESOME food photo boards…10 to be exact. I cannot wait to show you guys what these babies look like. While I absolutely love my Erickson Woodworks board and still have a wish list on their site, I thought I would try my hand at a few myself. I think the results are stellar and I couldn’t be more pleased.
Today, its back to the grind. I’ll be taxing to school, swim and gymnastics but am looking forward to my sister visiting as well and going out to dinner. A night off from cooking. Should make for a GREAT Monday! What could also Monday better? This Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread.
The weather has cooled, my windows are open and there’s a breeze sweeping through my house that instantly makes me think of baking. I also had 5 overripe bananas sitting on my counter just staring me down begging to be made into something delicious.
My son LOVES banana bread. He’ll honest eat 1/3 of the loaf as soon as I tell him it’s cool enough to eat. I also love banana bread but I prefer mine with walnuts, as my mother use to make, but he likes his sans nuts. Either way you can’t argue that there is anything better than a slice of warm banana bread smeared with butter first thing in the morning..that is after coffee.
While this Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread doesn’t contain walnuts, it does have a ribbon of brown sugar cream cheese running through the middle of it. Just look at the center of this bread. It’s almost hard to see because of the brown sugar color of the cream cheese. But if it was white cream cheese you’d see it. But believe me, it’s there and it’s amazing!
The brown sugar cream cheese adds a nice sweetness to the apple pie spices and complements the bananas so well, in this Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread. The banana bread itself is so moist and tender. If cream cheese isn’t your thing, then we can’t be friends. No, I’m just kidding. But if you don’t really like cream cheese this banana bread base is fantastic. Add some nuts or cranberries and you’ve got a whole new quick bread with delicious flavor.
As mentioned before, my son gobbled up a slice of this bread and asked for another. And truth be told, I had to make this banana bread twice, in one day, much to my family’s excitement. The first go around, it sunk and caved so bad in the middle but tasted SO GOOD, so I had to go back and figure out what was wrong. No fear, I figured it out and just look at that loaf, it’s perfection.
I ate a slice of this bread from the first “fail” and as soon as the 2nd loaf came out of the oven I allowed it to cool, promptly sliced that baby up and packaged it up to be taken to my husband’s work. He proclaims they loved it and it was gone in record time. The pan came back empty so I can only hope they enjoyed it as much as we did!
Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread
Yield 16 slices
Super moist banana bread is ribboned with brown sugar cream cheese and aromatic spices making this Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread one outstanding quick bread. It's sure to be the last Banana bread recipe you'll ever need!
- 5 Ripe Bananas, smashed
- 4 ounces, Philadelphia Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups + 1 Tablespoon, All Purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan completely with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until combined. Beat in egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of flour and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, apple pie spices and salt and whisk to combine. Make a well in the center.
- In another large bowl, mix together the remaining 1 cup of sugar, 2 eggs and oil. Stir in smashed bananas.
- Pour wet batter into the well of the dry batter and stir until just combined.
- Spoon half of the batter, about 2 cups, into the bottom of the pan.
- Top with cream cheese mixture and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
- Dollop large spoonfuls of the remaining batter and spread evenly and gently so it doesn't mix with the cream cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes and then cover with aluminum foil to prevent browning. Place back into the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- *Can be refrigerated overnight so the cream cheese center really sets up. I had no problem slicing about an hour after removing from the oven.
Recipe slightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens- Ribboned Banana Bread-Fall Baking Magazine 2015
This Brown Sugar Stuffed Banana Bread has become the favorite banana bread recipe in my house. Just this past weekend, I made it without the cream cheese and it was almost just as soon. The brown sugar cream cheese takes this quick bread to another level. Make a loaf this weekend, in fact, make 2. You’ll thank me later. It’s that good!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!