Pumpkin Spice Latte Whoopie Pies
Yield 16 servings
Pumpkin Spice Latte Whoopie Pies are your favorite #PSL turned into soft, moist cake rounds sandwiched together with coffee buttercream. The best new way to enjoy pumpkin spice latte!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 recipe for coffee buttercream
Coffee Buttercream Filling
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a whoopie pie pan** with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger and ground cloves.
- In another large bowl beat brown sugar, oil, butter, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your wet ingredients. Stir until just combined
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) place batter into wells of pan. Bake in oven for 8-9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely
- Into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together, on medium speed, for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to low and using 1 cup at a time, start to add your powdered sugar. Mix well in between. Add in coffee extract and beat until fluffy, about another minute.
- When the whoopie pies are cooled, pipe the coffee buttercream onto the bottom of your whoopie pies and place on the top whoopie pie to create a sandwich.
Recipe by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen at https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/pumpkin-spice-latte-whoopie-pies-pumpkinweek/