Peanut Butter Espresso Cake
Yield 16 servings
Rich chocolate espresso cakes are layered with Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting to create this Peanut Butter Espresso Cake-the ultimate cake lover’s dream!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup espresso, chilled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 containers Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2-8” cake pans with parchment paper (I hightly recommend these parchment round papers) and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients; cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, espresso, coconut oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Make a well into the center of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour about 2 ½ cups batter into each prepared cake pan and place into oven.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool and then remove from pans and place onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake onto a cake stand or plate. Spread 1 ½ containers Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter.
- Place last cake on top and spread 1 container of Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter all over the top and the sides.
- Place remaining ½ container peanut butter frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star attachment and make dollops on the edges of the cake. Into each dollop, place 1 chocolate covered espresso bean.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 365 mg
Total Carbohydrates 60 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 42 g
Protein 10 g
Recipe by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen at https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/peanut-butter-espresso-cake/