Grapefruit Olive Oil Mini Cakes
Yield 6 mini cakes
Deliciously moist and bursting with fresh grapefruit flavor, these Grapefruit Olive Oil Mini Cakes are cute, delectable and delightful making them perfect for any occasion!
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 grapefruit, zested and segmented, segments chopped fine
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease mini cakes pan thoroughly with cooking spray and place mini pans onto cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients; sugar, grapefruit juice, yogurt, eggs and extra virgin olive oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then gently pour wet ingredients into the center and whisk to combine.
- Fold in segmented grapefruit and zest.
- Place about 1/2 cup batter into each mini cake pan.
- Bake the cakes until golden brown about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, whisk together powdered sugar, grapefruit juice and zest.
- When cakes are cool, drizzle glaze all over the tops. If desired, garnish with extra zest.
Recipe by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen at https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/grapefruit-olive-oil-mini-cakes/