Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft, chewy, a little crunchy on the outside, buttery and sweet, these Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies combine two of the best flavor combos, coffee and chocolate.
- 1 cup butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces chocolate chunks
- 8 ounces espresso morsels or chocolate covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slightly melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Mix until all combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda)
- Gradually add dry ingredients to bowl of stand mixer. Mix until incorporate.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks
- Drop by Tablespoons onto Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Do not over bake
*I baked my cookies for 9 minutes and they were perfect. Do not over bake
Recipe by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen at https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/espresso-chocolate-chip-cookies/