Chorizo Queso Fundido
Yield 8 servings
Chorizo Queso Fundido is a delicious and flavorful dip filled with cheeses, chorizo, tequila and El Yucateco® hot sauce. It's the perfect appetizer for game day and everything in between!
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 7 ounces Chihuahua cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Corn chips, tortilla chips, bread cubes for dipping
- In a medium cast iron pan, add chorizo and cook until cripsy. Remove from pan and place onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Add onions, pepper and garlic into pan drippings and saute for 3 minutes. Add chorizo back into pan and stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in hot sauce and tequila. Place pan back onto the burner and simmer 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add half chihuahua cheese along with all sharp cheddar and pepperjack cheese.
- Top with remaining chihuahua cheese.
- Preheat broiler to high and place pan into oven. Carefully watch pan until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Top with cilantro and roma tomatoes.
- Serve with Corn chips, tortilla chips, bread cubes for dipping and additional hot sauce if desired.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 655 mg
Total Carbohydrates 6 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 12 g
Recipe by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen at https://www.strawberryblondiekitchen.com/chorizo-queso-fundido/