Head to the islands with these Tropical Granola Cups. These cups are made with Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal, bananas, oatmeal and coconut. Then filled with yogurt and delicious tropical fruits. You’ll feel like you’re on an island oasis every morning!
Summer is almost over but it doesn’t have to be in the kitchen! I know how stressful back to school is and every school starts at a different time. My son went back weeks ago and my daughter just this past week. Luckily, I was more prepared the second time around thanks to Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal and making breakfast easy for my kids.
These tropical granola cups will get you up and going in the morning. Yes, they’re that GOOD! I may or may not have had them every day this week with a pumpkin spice latte, LOL! Talk about a season identity crisis.
I’ve already made these cups twice this week. My kids LOVE them. I never really know how they are going to react to foods I make but this one, this one they couldn’t get enough of and neither could my husband and I.
I love Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal with Almonds and always have. The flakes, bunches, a touch sweetness from the honey. It’s such a great combo of flavors and textures. And, I love a little crunch in my cereal from the almonds. This was my go to cereal when I was in high school and college. Then I became a mom and what’s breakfast?! I make sure my kids eats breakfast but I’m usually too busy to feed myself.
Insert Tropical Granola Cups. I baked these baby the night before and they were ready for filling in the morning but not before I filled 2 of them and they disappeared before I knew it. I could not have been more happy with how these turned out. They are SO delicious!! They baked up beautifully and were perfect for filling. Also, they made my morning so much easier. There was no running around asking my kids 10 times what they wanted for breakfast. I just made up a few tropical granola cups and they were pleased. Morning routine + breeze = one happy mama!
I choose to use a lemon yogurt because that is what I had in the fridge. However, I was planning on filling them with my favorite yogurt, toasted coconut, which I think would be just as delicious but somehow I think my daughter got to it before me. Nonetheless, the lemon yogurt gave it a citrus note which paired perfectly with the tropical fruit and was heavenly!
My son also loves to eat these cups with no filling which is awesome for on the go snacking. He’ll snack on them in the car or when we get home from school. They are heart healthy, loaded with nutritious grains and packed with whole grains thanks to Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal, flax-seed and oatmeal. Therefore, I can feel good about the breakfast and snack I am feeding my family!
Did I mention these are SUPER simple to make too? You just mix all the tropical granola cup ingredients into a bowl, form them in the muffin cup and bake them for 14 mins. Transform their cereal into a recipe they won’t expect. They’ll think you’re Houdini in the kitchen, wondering how you got all those flakes, clusters and almonds into muffin cups! Once they take a bite, they’ll be transformed into a tropical oasis and thanking you for your magical skills.
They are also customizable. Kids don’t like mango, leave it out. You could fill them with chocolate yogurt and raspberries and have them for dessert. Go ahead. That actually gives me a great idea for after dinner tonight. Go crazy with these delicious tropical granola cups with Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal. Make them tailored to your family, it’ll make your morning routine that much more enjoyable!
Tropical Granola Cups
Head to the islands with these Tropical Granola Cups. These cups are made with Honey Bunches of Oats, bananas, oatmeal and coconut. Then filled with yogurt and delicious tropical fruits. You'll feel like you're on an island oasis every morning!
- 2 1/4 cups Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal with Almonds, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup banana chips, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup whole grain oatmeal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (150g) container of yogurt, lemon, coconut or your choice.
- Cut up fruit such as Mango, kiwi, banana, pineapples or other desired fruit.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside./
- In a medium bowl combine Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal through oatmeal. Set aside
- In a small pot set over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and coconut extract.
- Pour over Honey Bunches of Oats Mixture and thoroughly combine. Allow to cool slightly.
- Into each muffin well, place 1/4 cup. Press granola mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Allow to cool in the pan and then loosen and remove.
- Fill each cup with 2 Tablespoons of yogurt of choice and chopped fruit.
- *You can store the granola cups, without yogurt in an air tight container for up to 1 week. Speaking from experience, if you fill the cups with yogurt and then store them in the fridge, they will become soggy. Therefore, I recommend only preparing as many cups as you'll be serving at one time.
Would you look at those gorgeous little Tropical Granola Cups! So glad I have an extra batch just waiting to be filled with yogurt and fruit!
These Tropical Granola Cups with Honey Bunches of Oats are a recipe you have to try. And now you can for less. Download the coupon at coupons.com/RealValueLinqia and try a variety Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal for yourself! They also have Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal with Real Strawberries that I think would be awesome as a granola cup!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!