What is more Patriotic than a Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie? It’s an all American pie loaded with berries, citrus flavors and studded with pie stars. A delicious addition to all your festive parties this year!
Be sure to check out our Patriotic Mini Trifles which are a festive hit!
We’re gearing up for the Fourth again and since it falls on a Tuesday, we’re celebrating this weekend. So, how can it already be the 4th of July?
I sadly told my children today, that when we return from vacation, they will have exactly one month left of break. They moaned and groaned and I can’t deny that I did too. I am not ready for summer to end whatsoever, so let’s take it one day at a time here, shall we?
Ever since I got into cooking, I have had a Pillsbury calendar hanging in my kitchen. If you were to remove the calendar from the wall, you can see the exact spot it’s been in for years. That might be embarrassing to admit, but oh well, we’ll be painting the kitchen soon anyways!
Now that my kids are old enough, and fight over everything, they take turns turning the calendar page when it’s a new month. This month it was my daughter’s turn and she flipped a page early and there it was; Star-Spangled Red, White & Blue Slab Pie. My husband insisted I make it. He loves pie. So, thanks to Pillsbury, I bring you my adapted version for this Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie.
I must admit, I am not a pie person UNLESS it’s a creme pie, or my Aunt’s Peach Pie. It’s just not something I love. But this Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie has a layer of lemony cream cheese pudding and I also love berries so I knew I would like this pie.
I also love that it’s super simple seeing as how you use refrigerated pie crust. One day I will master the fine making of pie crust but today friends, is not that day. If you’d like to make your own crust, be my guest.
You simply roll out the pie crust into the size of your sheet pan, bake, cut out stars from remaining pie crust and bake those too. Once cooled, mix together cream cheese, lemon pudding, lemon juice and zest. Spread over cooled pie crust and top with berries of your choice. I had a combination of blueberries, cherries, raspberries and strawberries. After all, it is berry season so they’re plentiful around here. Then top with cut out stars.
Super simple, festive and perfect for all your parties this weekend through the Fourth of July. It’s also perfect for Memorial day, Labor day and any other day you’d like to show your love of the Red, White and Blue!
Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie
Yield 24 servings
What is more Patriotic than a Star Spangled Berry Sheet Pan Pie? It's an all American pie loaded with berries, citrus flavors and studded with pie stars. A delicious addition to all your festive parties this year!
- 3 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 containers Greek Yogurt, I used Lemon Meringue
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 cups assorted berries ( I used blueberries, cherries, raspberries and strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 45o degrees.
- Remove 2 of the pie crusts from package. Lightly flour surface and place pie crusts on top of each other. Roll out to the size of your sheet pan. (mine is 17 x 12) Place crust into pan, pressing into corners. Fold edges over to form a crust. Prick crust several times.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely about 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour surface again and remove one more pie crust from second box. Roll out slightly and using your star cookie cutters cut out various sizes. Place onto cookie sheet and brush with water. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake in oven for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar. Add in lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine. Fold in yogurt.
- Spread yogurt/cream cheese mixture over cooled pie crust and top with berries and pie crust stars. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
Adapted from Star-Spangled Red, White & Blue Slab Pie
Serving Size 1 square (24 servings)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 122 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What are you whipping up for the holiday? Be sure to check out these other fabulous + festive recipes if you’re still in need of some ideas! 🇺🇸❤️💙
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!