This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedHotSummer #IPSTOE #CollectiveBias
This Mexican Potato Salad is bursting with delicious flavor. Corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce make for one amazing side dish for all your summertime gatherings.
BBQ and grilling season are here, let the side dishes commence. To be quite honest, I get most excited about all the sides are parties. I love a good coleslaw with my ribs, potato salad with my burger and chips with my hot dog.
This weekend was rather quite lazy and it was just what I needed. We lazily hung around outside soaking up the sun, listening to the kids play in the water and the husband grilled some good grub while I whipped up one delicious Mexican Potato salad using Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce.
Frank’s RedHot Buffalo is perfect for Summer. Check out their Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe here and visit their site for inspiration.
On Sunday, for Mother’s Day my husband smoked a pork, per my request. I absolutely love smoked meat so I longingly kept checking the smoker to see if it had reached temperature yet.
While the pork was smoking away I got busy on a side dish. What could I make that is unique and not your usual BBQ side dish. I looked around the kitchen to see what I had that I could throw together and there it was Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce and a bag of little potato. Bingo! Mexican Potato Salad was born and I’m never looking back.
We are huge fans of Frank’s RedHot sauce anyhow, but last week when I was shopping I noticed they had a buffalo wings sauce. We love wings so I figured we’d try and cook up some wings and use the sauce. Well little did I know it would be an awesome sauce to kick up my potato salad too. Fun fact. Did you know, Frank’s RedHot was used as one of the ingredients in the first Buffalo Chicken Wing in 1964, meaning, if it ain’t Frank’s RedHot it ain’t buffalo! We couldn’t agree more.
I started with items that are pantry staples. A can of black beans and a can of corn. We also always have red onions, cherry tomatoes and cilantro on hand for when we want to make a quick pico de gallo.
For the Mexican potato salad, we started by quartering the little potatoes. I chose baby boomers because they’re creamier. I threw them into a bowl with some oil and cumin and then place them onto a large cookie sheet and placed them into the oven. Now if my husband had been using the grill, I would have thrown them into a grill basket and grilled them alongside the meat. Why heat the oven in the summertime, when you can use the grill.
When the potatoes were done cooking, it was a matter of throwing some additional ingredients into a bowl and allowing to chill until ready to eat. Although, if you served this potato salad warm, it would be just as good.
Into the bottom of the bowl went some mayonnaise, Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper. Next went in the potatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno (which is totally optional as you already have some heat from the sauce.) Mix all together, top with additional cilantro and crunched up corn chips and you’re ready to serve.
Not only was this Mexican Potato salad absolutely amazing, the Frank’s RedHot buffalo sauce is a new favorite. I Put That $#!+ On Everything! Just because it says “wing sauce” doesn’t mean it’s only good for wings. It’s got the perfect combination of flavor and heat all in one bottle so use it all.the.time.
Mexican Potato Salad
Yield 6 1/2 cup servings
This Mexican Potato Salad is bursting with delicious flavor. Corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce make for one amazing side dish for all your summertime gatherings.
- 1.5 lbs Baby Boomer Potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, I used Light
- 1/4 cup Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- juice of 1 lime (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup corn
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn chips, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with olive oil and cumin and toss to combine. Place onto prepared sheet pan and spread out evenly. Roast for 10 mins, take out and stir. Place back into oven and conitu roasting for 10 additional minutes.
- While the potatoes back, prepare the dressing. Place mayonnaise, Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wings Sauce and lime juice into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- As soon as the potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and place immediately into dressing bowl. Toss to combine and then add additional ingredients through jalapeno.
- Place into refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, top with corn chips and additional cilantro, if desired.
Courses Side Dish
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 478 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
To us, Frank’s is the most kick-ass sauce out there! Frank’s RedHot Original is the most versatile sauce that can be used for a wide variety of dish types and we’ve been buying it for years. Next time you’re grilling, summer entertaining or just looking for a new wing sauce, skip the others and go for Frank’s RedHot. Remember, if it ain’t Frank’s RedHot it ain’t buffalo!”
To check out more cool things, like recipes, products and coupons from Frank’s RedHot, check out their website.
AND, click on the banner below to save $1.00 now on any 1 Frank’s RedHot Sauce!
I’d love to see how you use Frank’s RedHot sauces in your summertime dishes. And PLEASE, make this Mexican Potato salad and tag me so I can see how delicious yours looks! Frank’s RedHot will guarantee that your party stands out from the crowd!
still hungry for more?
pin this recipe on pinterest!
subscribe! sign up for easy + delicious recipes delivered weekly-straight to your inbox!